JKOwners Forum banner
41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Funny How? Funny like a clown? What the fuck is funny?

Goodfellas:"Funny, How?" Scene - YouTube
Good scene. Your link also provided this gem:

The "You think I'm funny?" scene was based on a story that Joe Pesci acted out for Martin Scorsese. While working in a restaurant as a young man, Pesci once told a mobster that he was funny and the mobster became very angry. Scorsese allowed Pesci and Ray Liotta to improvise the scene. He did not tell the other actors in the scene what would happen because he wanted their genuine surprised reactions.

But, back on topic...

I don't have much of an update today. Sadly, my rig will be delayed a couple days. Quality work takes time. Big Bear will have to wait until next weekend!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
How did you mount those duallys? Have you seen the bdf mounts for those?

Vandy
The Poison Spyder "JK Brawler Lite" front bumper comes with brackets that are setup for a factory, or factory-like fog light assembly. In the case of the Rigid Industries Dually, you need a custom tab. Rebel Off Road welded in a couple tabs to handle the mount. I don't know the BDF mounts you referenced.

Or, did you mean the D2s or possibly the 10" light bar instead? My D2s went to the windshield lower a-pillar mount, and the 10" is on the hawse fairlead bracket.

·
V8 dreams
3,573 Posts
The Poison Spyder "JK Brawler Lite" front bumper comes with brackets that are setup for a factory, or factory-like fog light assembly. In the case of the Rigid Industries Dually, you need a custom tab. Rebel Off Road welded in a couple tabs to handle the mount. I don't know the BDF mounts you referenced.

Or, did you mean the D2s or possibly the 10" light bar instead? My D2s went to the windshield lower a-pillar mount, and the 10" is on the hawse fairlead bracket.
it was these...

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71396

regardless, they look good no matter how ya put em in there. i have the same bumper and was just curious. i wasn't really diggin the vision-x to replace the factory fogs. build looks great man:gluging:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Today's progress:

Poison Spyder Brawler Rocker (body armor without the slider in place)

OR-FAB "inboard side shot"

OR-FAB carrier in-place (w/optional LED "3rd Brake Light")

Warn PowerPlant, before conversion to synthetic rope

Factor 55 security bolt -- keeps the Jeep and winch together!

OR-FAB mount

An inside view with a peek at the UHF/VHF center-mounted antenna

D2s!

Complete winch setup!

·
Registered
580 Posts
Congrats on the amazing build! When will it be "finished"? :D

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Congrats on the amazing build! When will it be "finished"? :D
Thanks, man. I'm happy with it, but can't wait to get it on the trail! The new day is Monday/Tuesday. I figure a small delay is no problem as long as it doesn't mean another weekend apart! I get separation anxiety with my rig -- all the more reason to do most everything at once, right? :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey, thank you.

Yep, Airaid has an application. Plenty of room in the stock ECU map, though I'm considering a good tune for other reasons. It uses the stock location and is a direct bolt-in application. What appealed to me was the one-piece (except the lid) roto-molded box that can easily join a snorkel system in the future. I'd already have the River Raider system if it was in stock! Since I do a lot of desert runs, I chose the optional pre-filter component. It's just a simple foam element that can be easily popped off and washed from time-to-time.

Here's a link to a discussion thread:

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70343

You can even find shiny pictures on a pristine model Jeep! ;)
State - Great looking build you've got going there. $$hurts but easiest to get it all done at once.

On the AIRAID. I've been researching AFE/AIRAID stuff and a few questions on your preference here.
- Why AIRAID over AFE though they both seem to be about the same and have dry filter options
- Is this set-up prone to the hydrolock/water concerns that folks say about CAI systems? (Guessing no since it's enclosed like the OEM but new to the Jeep stuff)
- What do you mean by the Plenty of room in the stock ECU map, though I'm considering a good tune - what do you mean by "room in the stock ECU"?

Thanks for any information and have fun!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
State - Great looking build you've got going there. $$hurts but easiest to get it all done at once.

On the AIRAID. I've been researching AFE/AIRAID stuff and a few questions on your preference here.
- Why AIRAID over AFE though they both seem to be about the same and have dry filter options
- Is this set-up prone to the hydrolock/water concerns that folks say about CAI systems? (Guessing no since it's enclosed like the OEM but new to the Jeep stuff)
- What do you mean by the Plenty of room in the stock ECU map, though I'm considering a good tune - what do you mean by "room in the stock ECU"?

Thanks for any information and have fun!

Thank you. While I don't have any hands-on experience with AFE, I was struck by the especially high quality of the Airaid unit. For about the same money, you get a one-piece unit with better than stock hydro-lock resistance (sealed bottom roto-molded box). As you point out, this is a stock like setup, and not prone to the normal perils of CAI with lower intake pickup points. This will also mate to my future snorkel quite well.

The dry versus oiled filter element can be nearly religious -- let's just say I chose the oiled version with a foam pre-filter. ;)

Modern ECUs have lots of headroom to compute changes in airflow and fuel maps. This is true for our Jeeps too. Just about all new ECUs are finally 32-bit (data words) with more memory. In the old days with 8-bit CPUs, the control systems could be challenged by simple changes. Anyhow, I'd like to tune for better performance beyond the stock unit. I'm not in a hurry, however.

·
Vendor
2,957 Posts
Project: Kali is all buttoned up and ready to be returned home.

A few select photos - please visit our Facebook page to see them all.
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.380132792019844.93926.194631320569993&type=1

Installed:
TERAFLEX JEEP JK 3" ELITE LCG LONG ARM SUSPENSION SYSTEM WITH SPEEDBUMPS
TERAFLEX EXTENDED BRAKE LINES
TERAFLEX JEEP JK EXHAUST SPACER FOR 2012
CURRIE ANTIROCK - JEEP JK FRONT W/ ALUMINUM ARMS
KING JEEP JK 07+ 3"-5" LIFT ADJUSTABLE - 25 POSITION COMPRESSION ADJUSTABLE
JE REEL 1350 HEAVY DUTY FRONT DRIVESHAFT FOR 2012 JEEP WRANGLER JK 2/4 DOOR
JE REEL 1350 HEAVY DUTY REAR DRIVESHAFT FOR 2012 JEEP WRANGLER JK 4 DOOR
RIVER RAIDER SKID PLATE SYSTEM
REBEL OFF ROAD REAR LOWER CONTROL ARM SKIDS
BILSTEIN HEAVY DUTY STEERING STABILIZER FOR JEEP WRANGLER JK
STEERING STABILIZER RELOCATION BRACKET
TERAFLEX INNER AXLE SLEEVE FOR JEEP JK D30/D44
SYNERGY SUSPENSION D30/D44 KNUCKLE GUSSETS
SYNERGY SUSPENSION FRONT LOWER CONTROL ARM SKID PLATES
TERAFLEX HD D44 DIFFERENTIAL COVERS
SYNERGY SUSPENSION HEAVY DUTY BALL JOINTS
POISON SPYDER CUSTOMS BRAWLER ROCKERS
POISON SPYDER CRUSHER FLARES FRONT AND REAR
AMBER LED RUNNING LIGHTS
4X4 SPOD FOR 2012 JEEP JK
- RED
REBEL OFF ROAD WELD ON ROTOPAX BRACKETS FOR JEEP JK REAR CAGE
ROTOPAX STORAGE CANS
ROTOPAX FIRST AID - EMPTY
ROTOPAX WATER CANS
ROTOPAX EXTENSIONS
ROTOPAX NON LOCKING HANDLES
POLY PERFORMANCE HEAVY DUTY CHROMOLY TIE ROD
OR-FAB REAR TIRE CARRIER W/ DUAL 3-GALLON ROTOPAX
REBEL OFF ROAD REGEAR PACKAGE 4.88:1
AEV PROCAL FOR VEHICLE TIRE SIZE/GEAR CHANGE CALIBRATION
TOYO OPEN COUNTRY M/T 35X12.50X17
RACELINE MONSTER BEADLOCKS
- 17X9
- 4.5" BS
WARN POWERPLANT
SYNTHETIC WINCH ROPE
ALUMINUM HAWSE FAIRLEAD
WINCH FAIRLEAD MOUNT
HAWSE FAIRLEAD LIGHT BRACKET FOR RIGID 10" BAR
REBEL OFF ROAD GRAPHICS PACKAGE
- HOOD MOUNTAIN BLACKOUT
- REBELCON - BLACK
HALO ROOF RACK BY REBEL OFF ROAD
TERAFLEX ANTENNA MOUNT
RACE RADIO PACKAGE
SYNERGY SUSPENSION HD TIE ROD CLAMP
RIGID 50" SR LED LIGHT BAR HYBRID
VISION X SOLO LED LIGHT POD - WIDE BEAM
BLACK 13" OFF ROAD ANTENNA
POISON SPYDER BRAWLER LITE W/ BRAWLER BAR
- RECOVERY TABS
- PLATE STEEL
- INTEGRATED SKID PLATE
OR-FAB 3RD BRAKE LIGHT
PIAA WINDSHIELD LIGHT MOUNTS

·
Registered
291 Posts
Looks bad ass guys im loveing those rotopax mounts on the cage.

·
Registered
580 Posts
WOW! Great build! I can only dream...

·
Registered
15 Posts
BADFUCKENASS dude!! Congrats man, that thing is NUTS!!

·
Registered
580 Posts
Thanks, guys! I'm very happy with it! Driving around the street is torture, but I'll get some trail time, soon! :)
The ride is horrible?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 · (Edited)
The ride is horrible?
Ha, no -- I guess that was confusing. I meant that it makes me long to be off road! :)

At the 50% shock setting it rides appreciably better (though quite differently) than stock. It also loves to ride along at 75+ MPH, unlike my BB setup. Very nicely controlled.

41 - 60 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.