JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'd like to get some constructive feedback on my plans to sell it.

My Jeep is in excellent condition and has been properly maintained. There is absolutely no vibration or wobble at any speed. The tires are worn evenly and have at least 50% tread left on them. It has only been offroad about 6 times on trails and never abused. For the most part it's been a Mall Crawler (insert shameful icon). The top and interior is in excellent shape.

I'm selling it buy a performance car - most likely a 2013 Mustang GT Convertible or very slightly used C6 Corvette Convertible.

I plan to sell my JK with everything listed. If I end up trading it in, I will probably install a stock front bumper and remove many of the mods. I might even trade someone my wheels/tires/lift for a good set of clean Rubicon take-offs.

Not sure what my asking price will be but I know that I won't take a dime less than $24,000.

The Jeep was involved in one accident that basically dented front bumper when I rear-ended a lady. I took the Jeep to a collision center to get an estimate and they went over the entire front end and the ONLY damage was to the front bumper. So basically, the insurance company bought me a Poison Spyder Brawler Lite. :)

Specs:
2009 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
28,900 miles (now)
3.8L V6, 6-speed
Factory Half Doors
Tow Package
Factory tinted rear windows
All oil changes done by Palmer Jeep
Synthetic lube in Dana 44 axles

Modifications:
ProCal
2.5" Rough Country Budget Boost
Extended Sway bar Links
ProComp Rock Crawler Style 98 15x8" wheels
Goodyear Duratrac 33x12.50-15 (25,000 miles on them with at least 50% tread left)
Poison Spyder Brawler Lite bumper w/skid plate (bedlined)
Warn M8000 winch (used once) w/PSC winch plate
Tuffy Security Deck Enclosure (back seat included with sale)
Tuffy Conceal Carry Draw
Bikini Top - Spider Web Shade SW1 JK-2D Trail Mesh
Front Husky Liner Mats
Front Grab Handles
Console Lid Cushion
Viper Alarm with motion detection
MagLite Mount on driver's seat (MagLite included)
Custom Fire Extinguisher Mount
Bedlined front grille
Ax/Shovel mounted on inside of tailgate
Custom Spare Tire License Plate Mount
Firestik 3' CB antenna on custom mount
Cobra 75 WX ST CB Radio (remote connection behind the glove box)
Custom made Harley-Davidson Shift Balls (I have the originals as well)
Clover Patch Window Roll™ for rear windows

Here are pictures that I took of it yesterday (slideshow)

http://s1075.photobucket.com/albums/w429/BigMikes65/Rubicon/?albumview=slideshow

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
If your not set on trading it in I bet you can find some young drivers that want a jeep especially with summer here that daddy will buy them, just an idea.

On a side note are you willing to part with anything separately ie: the Tuffy deck enclosure, let me know what you think. Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Ill take the t-case and front axle off your hands :) Hahhaha, lol

Just curious, what is your reasoning behind getting rid of your JK? Other than the reason you stated of wanting to get a sports car...

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
$24k eh? I hope the market there is better than here. Ide say if you got $21k you would be doing ok.
If someone is in the market for a JK Rubicon, this is what they are going to find for sale. At $21k, it's giving it away.

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/Cars-Tr...bx=0&_fspt=0&_flso=0&Make=Jeep&Model=Wrangler

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...0&searchRadius=0&firstRecord=1&numRecords=100

Specifically this:
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...=2&searchRadius=0&showcaseOwnerId=67568&Log=0

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dibs on the Brawler Lite if you trade it in with a stock front bumper.

Im local.

Hate to see your rig go but do the Vette.
We can definitely work a deal if that is the route I take. I'll make you a hellava deal on the bumper and winch and a trade on your stocker.

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
We can definitely work a deal if that is the route I take. I'll make you a hellava deal on the bumper and winch and a trade on your stocker.
What about the security deck buddy?

·
Premium Member
3,720 Posts
I don't have a stock bumper but I'm sure we could find you one.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Just this morning I was looking at your build thread and as I read it it mirrored everything I have planned to do to my new Jeep except for the RC BB but I hadn't figured out what I plan on doing for suspension yet. PM me if you want to make a deal for your wheels/tires, and/or the bumper and winch. I have 17" Moabs and a stock bumper I can trade you as well. I really wish I could just buy your whole Jeep. It's perfect to me.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'll let everyone know and refer to this thread for who has first dibs. I'd like it to go to someone that will take it as is, but there are tax advantages to trading in GA (only pay tax on the new car cost minus the trade in). So if I go for a trade in, I will most likely return it to stock(ish) condition.

If I get a Mustang, I will order it from the factory. I can't remember how many new vehicles I've bought but never ordered one and got it exactly how I wanted it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.