JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to get a budget friendly list of must haves for stock jeeps... The list is really intended for daily driver enjoyment of the jeep not necissarily trail only stuff.

I was thinking of the following:
spyder web shades
a hitch:
http://www.4wd.com/Jeep-Hitches-Hitch-Parts/Factory-Style-2-Receiver-Hitch-by-Smittybilt-for-Jeep.aspx?t_c=67&t_s=59&t_pt=3390&t_pn=S%2fBJH45
some safari doors, for some peace of mind when my daughter is in the Jeep.
maybe some rubicon rocker take offs
differential armor psc or riddler style
evap skid
moderate tool set (may have most of it already)
Jeep Cover for doors/top off and incomming thunderstorm
cb radio
pillar switchs or an spod
some off road lights
interior grab handles

anything you guys would add or take away?

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
I have been trying to get a budget friendly list of must haves for stock jeeps... The list is really intended for daily driver enjoyment of the jeep not necissarily trail only stuff.

I was thinking of the following:
spyder web shades
a hitch:
http://www.4wd.com/Jeep-Hitches-Hitch-Parts/Factory-Style-2-Receiver-Hitch-by-Smittybilt-for-Jeep.aspx?t_c=67&t_s=59&t_pt=3390&t_pn=S%2fBJH45
some safari doors, for some peace of mind when my daughter is in the Jeep.
maybe some rubicon rocker take offs
differential armor psc or riddler style
evap skid
moderate tool set (may have most of it already)
Jeep Cover for doors/top off and incomming thunderstorm
cb radio
pillar switchs or an spod
some off road lights
interior grab handles

anything you guys would add or take away?
everything in yellow is great for a DD+weekend fun

also look around for a budget lift and maybe some rubi take off tires too.

it also depends how "hard core" you want your jeep to end up. in that case skip the rubi stuff and save till you get what you want. build it right the first time. it saves alot of money in the end.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it will have 35-37's etc when i get some fundage. My wife and I were jobless for a bit and both went back to college and have since graduated and gotten jobs in our fields so just trying to pay off some debt and things. I just want to make the everyday Jeep experience more enjoyable for now. Camping and fishing will definitely be a common things this summer. I dont need bigger tires and a lift right now because we arent really hitting the trails yet. Its hard to get folks together for that kinda thing sometimes.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Winch
Snatch block
Recovery points front/rear
Good strap
once i get it what i would consider "trail ready" this will surely be on my list of must haves. :)

edit:
I read a story on here somewhere about a guy letting his girlfriend/wife drive and she took a bypass section on the trail as not to get close to a ledge and while on the bypass she said "what is that sound?" he replied "branches removing your paint..."
Well i told that to my wife and then told her about limb risers. she said "yeah we are getting those..."
LOL!

·
Registered
533 Posts
A friend with a Rubicon and a tow strap. :) Just kidding.

Everyone should have a tow strap, front and rear tow points, a matching spare, d-rings, lug wrench, fire extinguisher, shovel, and jack to start. The rest is your personal preference based on your wheeling.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A friend with a Rubicon and a tow strap. :) Just kidding.

Everyone should have a tow strap, front and rear tow points, a matching spare, d-rings, lug wrench, fire extinguisher, shovel, and jack to start. The rest is your personal preference based on your wheeling.
I dont plan on doing many (if any) trails until i get some armor and some legit tires. :)
Ill do lift, tires, gears at the same time later down the line. This is meant for the dd type stuff.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Good list to start you off! You will add some as you use it. First aid kit comes to mind just running through your list.
I have a long laundry list of small things I did in phase 1 of my build. I know it's silly to list all the little items but I like to have everything written down. I will forget unless it's written down somewhere. Check out my build list in my signature. Just click on it. If you have a question about anything just let me know. pm me

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Good list to start you off! You will add some as you use it. First aid kit comes to mind just running through your list.
I have a long laundry list of small things I did in phase 1 of my build. I know it's silly to list all the little items but I like to have everything written down. I will forget unless it's written down somewhere. Check out my build list in my signature. Just click on it. If you have a question about anything just let me know. pm me
Yeah first aid list will be on there too. Saw one of the rotopax ones and it seems pretty cool.
nice list! i like your jeep man, real nice.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
I have been trying to get a budget friendly list of must haves for stock jeeps...
Your list is way past the must haves and into the endless cycle of personalizing your jeep.

Exactly this to start, I would add front discos, but you can use a wrench for a while, and the CB you mentioned. These things are capable right off the lot.
Here's mine stock (plus rails). I got some front tow hooks free from a JKO member and you can see the strap holding the front sway bar out of the way (no disco's yet).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.