JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess this is the right place to post. I just moved over to the Jeep world about 3 weeks ago. I had an 07 Toyota Tacoma, that was my DD, and an 1986 Toyota Pickup Xcab, 34x10.50x15 LTBs, 4.7 TG gears with TG TwinStick, 4.10 IFS/Rear, Open/Welded, TG Sliders, TG front bumper with XRC8. I had fun with those, sold the 86 a few months ago. Then traded the Tacoma and my wife's Ford Escape in on my 2012 JKU. Transferring to Hawaii soon and can only take 1 vehicle on the US Navy's dime.

Day after

Wanted to get some steps/slider but did not want to pay almost 700 for the Mopars. Ended up finding the ACE rock sliders on here, and ordered from Jason at KOR.

Then after doing a good bit of reading I did not want to deal with Hawaii's RECON inspection for the time being so I ordered some stock size (255/75/17) Hankook DynaPro ATm. I have read that they are nice tires so I figured what the hell I will give them a shot. I will get them installed either tonight or tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Y ? Did you buy new tires the same size.
Hawaii has what is called a RECON inspection, this can be required for anything modified on your vehicle even your tire size. From what I have read it is a real pain in the ass, so I didn't want to do that.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Went to OBX today with the wife and son. Didn't see any Horses but did see a whale. Also found a little mud on the roadway behind the dunes.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Back from the Dead. Haven't updated this in a few years.

During the time spent on Oahu I add a HARDROCK4x4 engine skid, some Surprise Straps grab handles, and a SPIDERWEB SHADE. (pics on request) I did hit K point a few times while I was out there.
Southside
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Regularity rally Off-road vehicle

Northside
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Jeep Automotive tire

While out in Hawaii I became a HAM Radio Operator. Have an Yaesu FTM-400DR in the Jeep, hooked to a Browning Dual Band NMO antenna.

Fast Forward to March this year. San Diego, CA.

I wanted an OBA so I ordered a ARB CKSA12, not the fastest compressor out there but its better than nothing. Mounted to an EVO-1078 bracket.

Rough Country 2 1/2" Coils and Shocks. I ordered new tires and wheels from 4WD. MAXXIS BigHorn 35x12.5x17 on Procomp Series 51 Steelies (set of 5). Used the neighbors driveway, a floor jack, and highlift to put them on.
Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
In Oct I got sent to the Precom Unit of my next ship in Mississippi. Wasn't really planning to do a lot to her while Im down here. Changed out my Headlight Bulbs to some SuperWhites, Fog Bulbs to JDM LEDs, Reverse Lights to LEDs.

Went to a Toys For Tots event a couple of weeks ago in Mobile, AL. They had a raffle for people that brought toys, I took my roommate with me. Together we won Rough County Dual Steering Stabilizer and Painless Performance Trail Rocker System. Since He doesn't own a Jeep we had already worked out a deal before getting there incase He won something. I did a couple of install videos for those Items.

And a quick talk thru of setting up the ARB compressor to the Trail Rocker System.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.