JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,067 Posts
It's DC only, so not TIG aluminum capable. It can only MIG with a spool gun. I would pass and get a unit with AC TIG and high frequency start.
I've never had much luck with a spool gun on aluminum. Unless your building boats or other really large things. I agree, AC TIG with HF is the only way to go.

I looked through the specs on the Rebel. It doesn't really say that it's a CC/CV machine. But if the MIG it talks about is the Short Arc process, then CV has to be there.

·
Premium Member
4,067 Posts
As far as I'm aware, the only way to get anything close to a good quality MIG aluminum weld is with a push/pull gun going through a pulser. I'm sure all the top brands have something that fits that bill. The gun alone for a Miller is almost 2k. The machines that have a pulser integrated are all at the high end of the product line up. None of it is cheap.

I have a Miller 251 MIG so I'm good there. Next up will be a Dynasty 350 for TIG. The Dynasty has AC/TIG and a pulser built in.

Keith B,

The Miller Diversion 165 and 180 both have AC/TIG. They're not multi process though. It sounds like your already set with a MIG machine with the 250 you have.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.