JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

So, my wife left the freedom tops off, and the 2012 JK got deluged! Now, all the above are coming on and off intermittently. No OBD codes are showing, and I did the instrument panel test (turn key on, holding down the odometer button), but I don't know what it is telling me. All lights, alerts, icons, etc etc light up, including needle moves.

But, the headlights come on and off and flicker. Dome light flickers. Wipers come on and off at different speeds, radio display dims a bit (voltage drop?)

Could these all be a malfunctioning / shorted Multifunction switch? Would the "turn signal" switch control / affect all of these functions?

I just dont want to go to stealer and have them tell me $500 to replace the switch (which I can do), or worse yet, a new TIPM!!!!!

Thoughts?

Thanks!!

-Dan

·
Registered
206 Posts
I don't know how to diagnose the problem,but I do know that the switch is $100 at the dealer, and that I have a perfectly good used one (68k miles)that I would sell for substantially less.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha! Thx! I ordered a switch from Amazon for $65(ish). Hopefully that does the trick.

Also noticed the Compass direction display comes on and off, and is always pointing North. ugh, i hope she didn't fry something major....

I'm hoping some one on these boards can describe if this switch can cause such havoc to the dash instruments and instrument panel....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts