JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I left my 2013 JK top off on a rainy day. Lights, wipers, turn signals don't work. I've read through the many posts on the topic and most favor replacing the left multi-function assembly. But in my case, my head lights and wipers are off, not on. I'm beginning to think it's more of a power issue, does this sound more like the clock-spring? I also have the battery disconnected tonight, hopefully things will he working in the morning.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
I would imagine the only things affected by the clock spring are those controls that rotate with the steering wheel.

It is common for a problem in the left multi-control to affect the right one, too.

Do you have time to let things dry out before you buy parts?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its been several days since it rained inside the jeep, things have dried out well. I replaced the clockspring yesterday... turn-signals, horn, wipers, interior lights now work. But headlights and fog lights do not. I can flash the brights, but that's it. I also left the battery disconnected for 12 hours after replacing the clockspring with no success. I guess in my case it must be both components failed. I always thought jeeps would do just fine in the rain... I guess those days have sailed :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In case this helps anyone, in my particular situation it was both the clock-spring and left multi-function switch that needed replacement.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts