JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it is time for snow play, but I never done a mud trail in 4 wheeling. I was wondering if there are mud trails around Bay Area?
Hollister probably gets a lot of mud, but it's got too much incline decline which is sure thing for the flip over in the mud :). I guess, I am looking for a semi flat trails that usually not hard, but get muddy during fall, winter times.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Hollister is a great place during the rainy season. I have no interest in mud, thanks to the detriment it causes to the vehicle. :)

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Come on you cal always wash it off :).
You think you can but you can never get it all out.

Mud is fun , its great to learn your jeeps capabilities. Only problem is as previously mentioned it tears your shit up. I just try and stay away now and avoid any temptation.

·
Research, bro!
2,220 Posts
2-3 hours of fun, 6 hours of cleaning. I'll stick to the rocks. I heard J-Mac's a big fan of mud runs. Loves getting his rig all gunked up. PM him. :grinpimp: Youtube's got a few fun Hollister trips to give you an idea what to expect there.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Jim that picture is gross. I don't mind washing the mud off, but man that stuff gets in everywhere. The worst damage is always the bushings and the seals that take the beating.

Don't get me wrong, I grew up redneck and have had my fair share of mud runs, and now no longer have those vehicles due to the repair needed to fix em :)

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
2-3 hours of fun, 6 hours of cleaning. I'll stick to the rocks. I heard J-Mac's a big fan of mud runs. Loves getting his rig all gunked up. PM him. :grinpimp: Youtube's got a few fun Hollister trips to give you an idea what to expect there.
Ha ha, yeah, I am sure J-Mac will chime in and suggest a great place for mud run :).

·
'merica
2,237 Posts
You think you can but you can never get it all out.

Mud is fun , its great to learn your jeeps capabilities. Only problem is as previously mentioned it tears your shit up. I just try and stay away now and avoid any temptation.
Except that one time at Hollister when you drove into a hole

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
NO MUD FOR ME EITHER!!! :shaking: Did it before spent 3 hours at the coin wash....JUST SPRAYING IT OFF!! This was before I got the Jeep....my famous H3 story!
Onstar: We got an airbag deployment is everyone ok! :laughing2::laughing2:
Me: Yeah...we're fine, just hit a pothole.

While wheeling through the jungle at Hollister!!:laughing:

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
Jim that picture is gross. I don't mind washing the mud off, but man that stuff gets in everywhere. The worst damage is always the bushings and the seals that take the beating.

Don't get me wrong, I grew up redneck and have had my fair share of mud runs, and now no longer have those vehicles due to the repair needed to fix em :)
I completely agree with Sludge on this one. After a soupy experience in January of 2009 at Carnegie, I find myself still cleaning mud out of the air ventilation system, and instrument panel!

RC

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sounds like mud is really, really bad. I thought it was bad only for the IFS differentials like I used to have on Tacoma and solid axle are ok. Well, I guess I didn't think of all the little air vents and gaps we have under the jeep.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'll pass on the mud/clay we get around Sacramento. Too much work for the fun you have driving through it. Rocks/snow/dust are ok by me...

We're getting near winter wheeling now. Time to start planning some runs!

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Except that one time at Hollister when you drove into a hole

That's my problem. I try and stay out of it but somehow it's like a magnet.

Actually thinking about it I had no idea that hole was so deep. I went through the hole right next to it and it was dried up. LOL.

·
'merica
2,237 Posts
I used to go muddin when I was stationed at Ft Polk and Ft Stewart couldnt even tell the color of my Jeep afterwards but spent lots of money cleaning the Jeep afterwards but the fun was worth it!

·
Registered
659 Posts
Mud rinse option

Suggested mud removal methods...

Boat launch method: ... go to your nearest fresh water boat launch ... no boat necessary ... pay the launch fee if necessary ... drive in & soak 2 minutes ... drive in & out repeatedly until desired rinse is achieved...

River method: ... find river with rocky bed ... drive into area with fast moving water ... drive in various directions ...

·
Registered
659 Posts
For some reason I do have an overwhelming desire to take Mr.Cruz's JK mudding...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.