JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have had my MTR/K's for about 9 months now. I have really like the performance of these tires. I have rotated them twice now, understanding that it has more to do with the amount of miles, not time. I just had them rotated yesterday for the second time. I noticed that they had started to feather a little, more so, in the center of the tread. Which made me curious and wonder what is the correct PSI in these tires. I know that can very, depending on what the total GVW is, tire size, ect. So, the question is what size of MTR/K's do you have and what is the PSI on road and off road?

I have 38X14.5X17 - On road I was at 32 PSI, I am trying it at 28 PSI. Off road between 15 - 8 PSI, depending on the trail.

If you have pics of your MTR/K's in action, lets see them.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I have the same tires, I run them at 28 psi in the city and 32 on highway if I'm taking a road trip for better gas mileage.

Trails I had gone as low as 8 psi with no beadlocks. Usually 8-10 depending on trail.

My jeep weights about 5300 lbs

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
2 door Rubicon.
37x 12.50 17's
About 4000 miles on them.
Approx 32 psi on road.
Approx 8-12 psi off-road.
No wear issues yet.

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
I'll be watching this thread. May go with this tire next time I need them.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
4dr JK, 37x12.50-17, about 20k on them. I run 30psi on the street with OEM rubi wheels, and about 10psi when wheeling. I've got some cupping probably due to failing to rotate them properly and possibly due to some worn suspension components. I'll strongly consider getting them again when it comes time to get new tires.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
When I had mine:
32 street
8-10 rocks

Unfortunately when I needed new ones they were on backorder.
I had to go with KM2s:pissed:
Can't wait to get rid of them to go back to MTR Ks:bounce:

·
Premium Member
3,720 Posts
35 X 12.50 X 17

I've had them for about 4,000 miles. Just rotated and rebalanced for the first time last week.

I run mine on the street at about 30psi and on the rocks at about 10 to 12psi.

I love these things on the trails and rocks, I don't see changing to another tire when these have to go but I may go to the 37's.

I have had a slight wheel balance type shimmy at about 45 mph. It's really not mucy and decreased with the balance and rotation.

all in all, I love my MT/R's :beer:

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
35/12.50 17's. I ran them at 28 psi. They rode and wore well with the right shocks, especially on all of the gravel roads I travel. They are heavy, more so with steel wheels and at 7000 feet they do put a dent in the Jeep's "performance". While better than the KM2's I still didn't like them in the snow and after one slide into a tree, a really cool, but scary near miss on a slick road and a $4800 accident where the Jeep took out a Subaru, an Isuzu and an F250 without a scratch to itself, I've switch over to Duratracs with alloy wheels for the winter.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I fall in just about the same as everyone else, but I figured I'd throw it out there anyway - 37s on a heavy 4 door. 31 on the street, 12 on the trails.

I should probably do the chalk test again though, now that I've recently added a lot more weight to the rear.

·
Registered
931 Posts
35x12.5x17 had them for 40k miles. been running them on the highway at 28psi and on the trail 8-10. have probably 15% tread left.:beer:

·
Registered
414 Posts
I'm running 35s at 35 -37 psi street. I start to get a little wobble at about 28 psi. Mine seem to like higher pressures on the street

EDIT: forgot to mention mine are load range C tires. I went for light weight; figured the Kevlar would do fine on the side walls; that I didn't need the extra weight / side wall plys.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
37x12.5r17's in 8" wide steelies, I run about 31 to 32 psi on the street. Seem to be wearing ok.

I had some feathering issues when I drove on them for a while with a bad alignment, got the rig aligned and all is good now.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I ran 26 psi in my 35x12.5-17's for about 2 years with no issues.
Same psi I ran in them and what I run in my 37/12.50/17 MTR/Ks. Wearing great. 6k miles on mine. Minor cupping on the fronts since I should've rotated them awhile ago. I'm going to stick with 3-4k mile rotations from here on out.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 37 Posts