JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So about 2 years ago I decided I wanted to get into this Jeep thing. So, I researched and researched. I went back and forth about TJ vs JK and Rubicon vs X and 2 door vs 4 door. I finally made up my mind that I wanted a 2 door JK Rubicon. I knew I was going to beat on it so I thought that maybe I should save some money and get an older TJ. Lucky for me, I have the best wife in the world and she told be that if I don’t get what I really want I was not going to be happy. Boy was she right. I searched long and hard and finally found my prize. A 2007 2 door Rubicon, it was even in my first choice of color. This thing was cherry! It had obviously never been off road. It was packed with aftermarket accessories. Mud flaps front and rear, rain guards on the windows, bug shield, chrome step bars, hood lock, gas cap cover, the works. I promptly ripped all that shit off. This is one of the first pictures I took of it.

For the last 2 years I have been wheeling the shit out of it pretty much bone stock. Dented the front bumper so I cut the ends of. Got a free set of cut stock front fenders so I ran them, but that’s about it. Here are a few pictures of me running it stock.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This year I decided it was time for a change. So I was deployed to Iraq over the winter and that gave me a lot of time to research parts and figure out exactly what I wanted for my JK. This is what I ended up with. Meet Mr. Yuck!

Rock Krawler 2.5” max travel
Bilstien shocks
Black Rock 15 x 10 silver steel wheels
Pitbull Rocker radial 35x12.5x15
Poison Spyder evap skid
Poison Spyder tramp stamp
Poison Spyder Diff covers
Poly Performance c-gussets
Poly Performance front lower control arm skids
Poly Performance rear lower shock mount/skid
Poly Performance grab handles
Ace front bumper w/ stinger
Ace rock rails
Smittybilt XRC 8 winch
Smittybilt G.E.A.R. seat covers (ACU)
Bestop header, bikini, duster, and wraparound wind jammer
Hella Black Magic lights
Cut front and rear fenders
Other doodads hear and there.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I want to extend a huge thanks out to Marcus at River City Offroad.

Also thanks go out to Brian (Otnoc311) for offering up use of his garage and tools for the lift install!

I will have some better pictures after our wheeling trip this weekend.

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
Looks like shit, you should sell it and buy a Prius!

Just kidding :thefinger: looks awesome! Much better story than mine, but in the end you've built a pretty bad ass ride!

:beer:

Sent by carrier pigeon

·
Registered
132 Posts
Yep hafta agree - the wheel/tire/lift combo is perfect! I'm gonna hafta write it down and start saving...

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Very sweet rig! I really like the wheels:beer:

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Nice looking Jeep!

·
Registered
601 Posts
Awesome transformation. Love the name Mr.Yuk! I remember always recognizing him on toxic stuff as a kid and thinking it was a cool logo.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Awesome transformation. Love the name Mr.Yuk! I remember always recognizing him on toxic stuff as a kid and thinking it was a cool logo.
You must have grown up in the Pittsburg area.

Thanks for all the positive comments. The wheels really do look good on there. Its a good thing too. I waited something like 6-7 weeks for them to be built. Marcus was going out of his mind! LOL

·
Registered
16 Posts
The wheels really do look good on there. Its a good thing too. I waited something like 6-7 weeks for them to be built. Marcus was going out of his mind! LOL

Killer JK! Sorry if this is obvious, but what made you go with a custom steel wheel. I would think you could find plenty of 15x10 5on5 steel wheels off the shelf.

Never knew Mr.Yuck was a PA thing, lived there for a few years and always assumed it was a national campaign...

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
they were not custom ordered. It was a configuration they offered as far as I can tell. It was the manufacture that was dragging their feet I think.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Man those rockers look way wider than 12.5's. I'm loving this stance of this jeep, nice job on the build dude.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Man those rockers look way wider than 12.5's. I'm loving this stance of this jeep, nice job on the build dude.
They do but they measure pretty much exactly true to size both hight and width.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Rims

This year I decided it was time for a change. So I was deployed to Iraq over the winter and that gave me a lot of time to research parts and figure out exactly what I wanted for my JK. This is what I ended up with. Meet Mr. Yuck!
Were did you get those rims? Are they custom? My eyes are blood shot looking for them.

Rock Krawler 2.5” max travel
Bilstien shocks
Black Rock 15 x 10 silver steel wheels
Pitbull Rocker radial 35x12.5x15
Poison Spyder evap skid
Poison Spyder tramp stamp
Poison Spyder Diff covers
Poly Performance c-gussets
Poly Performance front lower control arm skids
Poly Performance rear lower shock mount/skid
Poly Performance grab handles
Ace front bumper w/ stinger
Ace rock rails
Smittybilt XRC 8 winch
Smittybilt G.E.A.R. seat covers (ACU)
Bestop header, bikini, duster, and wraparound wind jammer
Hella Black Magic lights
Cut front and rear fenders
Other doodads hear and there.
Were did you get those rims? Are they custom? My eyes are blood shot looking for them

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Thread necromancer alert! Maybe call up Marcus at River City Offroad about them...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts