JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, as the title says, the wifey and I are moving to Wellington soon. She's leaving with two horses on Tuesday, and will be down on Thursday, assuming all goes well. I'm finishing up my associates up here in NY, so I won't be down until December or January.

Anyway, looking to meet some folks. I'll be coming down next weekend to check out colleges to continue my education, and would love to meet some of the locals :)

Also, we WILL need to meet someone who'd let me use their garage from time to time in exchange for beer, work done, or non-sexual favors (sorry, guys- the boss made me add the non part :shaking:). But that's after a meet-up.

So let me know- I'll have a rental car, and she'll have her JK down there next weekend. POST UP! I want to meet some folks! Thanks- Mark W.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So, NOBODY on here is from Wellington, West Palm, Boca, etc.? Come on- Bueller? Bueller... :) Mark W.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
I'v got a friend in Wellington... where are you gonna be down there? Apparently theres a good and a bad side of town... at least from a schooling perspective. She just moved from one to the other.

She's originally from Long Island, while not a jeeper she and her husband (and 3 girls) are really cool, if you guys need some assistance getting settled I could see if she'll help ya out.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Be good to meet another New Yorker. I'm heading down for the winter in late December, early January, but the wifey is leaving to head down there tomorrow. If you could PM me her e-mail, I'd love to learn more about the good/bad sides of town, as I'm studying to be a teacher in FL state! :) Thanks! Mark W.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Are the horses going to be stabled as Equis? That development is rediculous, although a little south of Wellington. My father lives in Boynton Beach.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Well.

I live in Jacksonville and you'll pass through here on the way there most likely, so I'd be glad to grab a beer with ya, but your destination is still quite a bit further South!

:beer: :)

·
Administrator
8,731 Posts
I am an hour or so south in Miami.. there are many of us down here in the Ft. Lauderdale/Miami area. ;)

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Be good to meet another New Yorker. I'm heading down for the winter in late December, early January, but the wifey is leaving to head down there tomorrow. If you could PM me her e-mail, I'd love to learn more about the good/bad sides of town, as I'm studying to be a teacher in FL state! :) Thanks! Mark W.
I'll talk to her tomorrow, then get you the information

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sounds good, all. Where are there places to wheel in the central/South FL area? Links would be great- thanks! Mark W.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Sounds good, all. Where are there places to wheel in the central/South FL area? Links would be great- thanks! Mark W.
Wellington is pretty close to Corbett, other than that you have Ocala 3+ hours to the north and unless you like mud ur pretty much SOL :( . .. . However we do have a lot of wonderful top-down/doors off days here.

I spend many weekend in Boca with my GF, I live in miami though. Now I'm subbed ill try to do my best to get to any M&G's

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^ Cool! Plan on something in mid-January when I get down there full time- Mark W.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok- so, I got my trailer, and am starting to get to packing my shit up. Moving down on Saturday, the 18th, so I'll be down Sunday, the 19th. Anyone from the area down for a meet & greet? Mark W.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Ok- so, I got my trailer, and am starting to get to packing my shit up. Moving down on Saturday, the 18th, so I'll be down Sunday, the 19th. Anyone from the area down for a meet & greet? Mark W.
I'm 45 minutes to an hour south of there, but I'll meet up half way in boca...
:beer:

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sounds good- I'll give you a buzz when I get down there! Mark W.

·
Registered
474 Posts
keep us posted, Ill probably be game that weekend.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, that weekend is 100% dedicated to maritals, as I haven't seen my wife (she's already in Wellington) in 2 months... the weekend after, I'm game :) Mark W.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
I can help out with that, so when you get here, she'll let you go out.

:thefinger:

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hah- I see how it is :) Maybe during the week? I won't have a job yet, so I'll be bored out of my head- Mark W.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Hey welcome to Fl!! I'm in fort lauderdale, let me know whenever you need to work on your jeep because at least once a month a group of friends get together at my warehouse to work on our jeeps, we do from oil changes to engines swaps and full long arm suspensions installs.

Gus

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Hey Gus, when and where??? I am over here in scumrise

1 - 20 of 31 Posts