JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found out today, I am going to be getting stationed at NAS Whidbey island. I will get there around june next year. so what is the rundown on the area, places to live, gun laws, places to go fourwheeling

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Well welcome to the NW, in June. :)

Full trail rundown and mapping at: NWJEEPN.COM

Gun laws: very very nice. Go to local sheriff office, fingerprint, pay a less than $100 fee, background check, and permit in hand in about 2 weeks. NICE!!!

Not familier with Whidbey housing; someone else will have to step in.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bump. Me and the wife got housing taken care of. We arrive on the 14th of december. Look forward to meeting the washington JK crowd.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, I got a double whamy in at the first of the year. On deployment I fell down a ladder well breaking and tearing legiments in my ankle, and our follow on mission parameters changed and it was determined we need an extra body to work the mission support. And since I was about to go on med hold. I was force extend till Dec.

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
199 Posts
Welcome to the NW soon! Gun laws are very nice here as Bubblegoose mentioned, the problem is that we only have one Cabella's and its in Lacey which is SouthWest Washington. But there are many other great gun retailers. You will like Whidbey, it is a very nice Island!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Isn't there a Cabelas being built in Monroe or something? I prefer Wholesale Sports though. Especially for Glock pricing which my guess is a preference for JoeGlock. :smokin:

ps. welcome BTW!

·
Registered
580 Posts
Would a person need to have fenders on their Jeep if they move to Seattle area and wanna run it on the road and register it?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts