JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm moving to Haiku on Maui and bringing my lifted JK with me...are there any good trails on the island?

·
ADDICTION II build begins....
3,833 Posts
The govt shut the ferry (runs between Oahu and Maui) down when I got to Oahu and haven't been able to go hit the trails there. I have been told there are quite a few fun areas there and a lot more on the big island! :D If you get on Pirate 4x4, most of the Maui and big island guys are on there. But be careful as there isn't much "love" for Jeepers....think of the symbolism of our views of the soccer mom jeepers versus us and then think "bolt together" view versus welded and beat up. :) Now you have the Maui and big island perspective of Jeepers.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I am on Oahu but I work on Maui now and then - TXROCK gave you some good info.

My other piece of advice - if you want to do any work that involves heavy parts (bumpers, armor, larger tires, winch) do it before you move. Shipping parts out here helps your Jeep Eat Every Penny even faster than it does on the mainland.

·
ADDICTION II build begins....
3,833 Posts
Rob,

If you need to order parts at great shipping rates, get in touch with Jason at Krawl-Off-Road, Marcus at RCO, Bond at Rebel Off-Road, and Northridge 4x4. They are who most of us buy from.

There is a local guy who owns Lava Rock Off-Road (not a vendor here yet) but is pretty good and can sometimes get comparable shipping.

Tom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts