JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I installed some windshield lights, and now the antenna hits the lights. I remember reading about someone who moved their antenna to match the angle of the windshield. I cant find it on a search, and I have NO desire to go back to that other forum to see if that was where I saw it. Anyone here have any idea?

Rock On

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
I just bent mine with pliers at two 45* angles to clear the light

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
I did see the thread you are talking about. It is here somewhere. What they basically did was take the plastic cover off the sheet metal and re-drill the aluminum bracket holes to mount it at the same angle as the windshield. Just be careful taking off the plastic cover.

All I did was bend mine to the right angle and having good luck with it that way.:beer:

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
i went shorty and it works perfect

·
Registered
694 Posts
We offer a bracket that mounts to the a-pillar with our windshield brackets, and our instructions show the way to rotate the antenna backward (as directed in the forum- not taking credit for the idea). Anyway, I am attaching a pic as well as the 2 page instructions hoping it will help you...

edit: JohnL beat me to it while I was digging for the files... Same process though. And, John actually gave us permission to use his write-up and photos in our instructions. Thanks again John. :beer:

Attachments

·
Registered
915 Posts
I rotated mine as well. The only issue is on highway speeds the antenna will start smacking the jeep. I used an adhesive wire clip to hold the antenna to the side. I had the clip from my Sat antenna kit and can't seem to find them. They are the ones in the picture below with 3m on the back. It works great just wish I had more. I have the HidX bracket but didn't use it.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Here's my Antenna mod ...

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Wow!!!

That's my original idea...

I see it made its way and even became part of a "for sale" product...

Good luck.

With 3M clips painted Rescue Green:

I also cut 2" off the antenna to prevent the soft top from hitting it and breaking my little clips...

By the way, I dont exist on JKF anymore so my original write-up is probably gone...

:beer:

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks guys, that was the write up I was looking for. Kinda feel like a dunce for not figuring this one out on my own.:shaking:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts