JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are a few options for these mounts out there, but not sure what to get. I know I dont want one where the tops par of it sticks out past the A-pillar. And I dont want it sticking up too high over the cab either.

So what options do you guys have and like, and do you have any closer up pics of the brackets? I have seen a lot of head on shots from the front of a Jeep, but not closer ones, or back sides, etc. Even the manufacturers seem to only have either one installed pic or else a pic of the brackets on the ground.

Thanks!

·
The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,651 Posts
I know there are a few options for these mounts out there, but not sure what to get. I know I dont want one where the tops par of it sticks out past the A-pillar. And I dont want it sticking up too high over the cab either.

So what options do you guys have and like, and do you have any closer up pics of the brackets? I have seen a lot of head on shots from the front of a Jeep, but not closer ones, or back sides, etc. Even the manufacturers seem to only have either one installed pic or else a pic of the brackets on the ground.

Thanks!
I recently used Poison Spyder's mounts for a 50" Rigid and the fit on them was excellent.

They have a bunch of photos, but I'm not sure there are any of exactly what you're after.

http://pix.poisonspyder.com/Products/Exterior-Upgrades/JK-Light-Bar-Mounts-Rigid-50/18061902_qT7zGw#!i=2424382763&k=7GpT5Nd

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,956 Posts
Quick release, too.

Attachments

·
Registered
687 Posts
Sounds like our Seward brackets would be perfect for you. They have 3 mounting positions to choose from. The bottom setting is the lowest of all the 50" brackets we carry. We have these in stock in both black powdercoat and bare aluminum.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Norm - I do like those but cant find them on the site. How much do they run. Can you send me the link or tell me where they are on the site?

·
Registered
687 Posts
Norm - I do like those but cant find them on the site. How much do they run. Can you send me the link or tell me where they are on the site?
The brackets are a stocking dealers only item right now. They are not on our's or Seward's website quite yet.

I sent you an PM with pricing and options.

I run the the Seward brackets and light bar on my Jeep, so I can get you any angle picture you need. Just let me know.

·
Premium Member
1,496 Posts
Has anyone ever mounted one of these bars across rhe bottom of the windshield. .

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Have a feeling the glare would be blinding! :eek: Test fired mine one night and made it daylight in the neighbor's driveway across the (wide) street. NO WAY I would want that bouncing back in my eyes. Seems like the hood would block too much of the light from the road ahead as well.

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
The Poison Spyder mounts are nice, we used RSE and the fit was terrible. We will be moving to KC soon.

Jason

·
Registered
44 Posts
Someone above mentioned noise. My brother has a windshield mount light bar with four round lights and soft top on a TJ and his is really noisy.

Those of you who have them, can you please also let those of us considering this if your noise levels increased. Soft top or hard top and such.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I've tried four different ones. The HMF Fabrication mounts I posted above, the Engo Multi-Mount, the PSC and an import one you see on ebay. Wind noise is about the same as what you get on vent visors on cars, trucks and SUVs, probably a bit more-so with the import ones. Wind noise can also come from the light bars themselves, including the oft sited whistling sound you can get from dual row light bars, which is easily cured with a strip of door edge guard along the length of of one of the cooling fins.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts