JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Looking for recommendations, pics and links on how to mount CO2 brackets, D links and Mounting plates. What type of bolts did you use, where did you install it and how in the TRUNK ON JKU'S

I started my search for an "How To" or "install" for installing a Co2 bracket or larger D Rings or mounting plates in the trunk section but I can't find anything all over the internet. Wondering what type of nuts and bolts you used and how or what you used to seal the bolt holes.

I tried mounting my Co2 mounting bracket (a 10lbs fire extinguisher bracket) in the back left corning of my trunk. I started looking underneath and there was the driver side shock mounting bracket. So I ended up using 7/16" x 2" stainless steel wood anchor bolts with heavy thread. It seems to hold in well for now but if there is a way that I can install a true fastener with a nut and washer please let me know or give me a link.

I want to eventually mount in true anchoring d rings in the trunk to hold down my tool box better when off roading and driving around. Then I won't have to worry that my tool box doesn't go flying if we get in an accident. thanks guys .

·
Registered
127 Posts
QUICK FIST Ratchet Clamp #70070
holds a CO2 tank well. I have this just below the rear most point of the cage inside the tailgate to the right. Keeps it upright out of the way and ready to use from there. Takes up little room when not used. It will hold about anything when you don't have CO2 onboard.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUICK FIST Ratchet Clamp #70070
holds a CO2 tank well. I have this just below the rear most point of the cage inside the tailgate to the right. Keeps it upright out of the way and ready to use from there. Takes up little room when not used. It will hold about anything when you don't have CO2 onboard.
What kind of bolts did you use? Self taping screws or did you drill threw the floor plate? I was thinking about getting some zinc bolts, fender washers and nylon nuts.

·
Registered
127 Posts
What kind of bolts did you use? Self taping screws or did you drill threw the floor plate? I was thinking about getting some zinc bolts, fender washers and nylon nuts.
thru the side of the rear fender, I don't recall the fasteners I used, probably bolts. tappers or drill and bolt should be fine.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Also, my tank is mounted vertically so I never have to remove it from the jeep to use it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I made brackets that bolt through the fenderwell and have base brackets between the plastic trim and the metal fenderwell.
Mine is a large cylinder so I used two brackets, smaller cylinders could easily use a single bracket or smaller straps.

Here are pics of the base bracket. The tank bracket can be removed and the four nuts are flush with the plastic trim.

And picks of the tank brackets without the tank. It has nuts to hold the clamp tight and removable hinge pins to remove the outer straps when extra space is needed.

Way overbuilt but it was a fun project.
The tank remains in place even when you hit that surprising dip at speed.
I use a long hose so I don't have to remove the tank when airing up the tires.
The tank is removable in less than a minute with just an extension and socket. No wrench is needed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts