JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you know what the fuck I just saw? I wish I knew how to snap a screen shot of it.

I shit you not. I just saw a fucking google popup ad for JKF right here on JKO.

I guess on the upside, it didn't chase me all over the screen this time, so we can skip the cockpunch business, but seriously, WTF?

That kinda shit never happened on Lance's watch.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
I think it's alt + printscreen.

Judging by chit chat, I'm going to say the spammers are on overtime tonight. Probably see a few slip by the server before manual action can be taken.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Alt+print screen

Open mspaint (or your fav pic editor)

New....and then paste. Should have a nice shot of your selected window.

Sent via Telegraph.

·
Banned
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Spammers is one thing, but this was an actual popup advertisement. As in paid for space, not some schmuck posting up about something and including a link.:shaking:

I'll keep that in mind if it happens again. Man... it was like walking in on your parents doing some seriously kinky shit.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Pop ups aren't generally a part of this site. It is something .....ah fuck, who am I kidding? I don't know enough about this shit to talk about it intelligently....and I'm drunk. THere was something about it in the other pop up thread in chit chat.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Dan do you use IE8, by chance, for your browser?

I had an issue I noticed that during a page load i would somehow get rediected to a single banner ad and would have to hit the back button to get navigate back to JKO.

Never had that issue with FireFox or Chrome.

Sent via Telegraph.

·
Banned
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Most likely you have adware on your pute.. there are no pop-ups here.

There was a "floater ad" that sneeked through before but it was taken care of.
But that's unpossible...

·
The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,651 Posts
Dan,

I'm on this forum for stupid amounts of time each day. I probably clicked "New Posts" 500 - 600 times today. No lie.

I use Firefox and never get the pop ups.

They are watching you brother. They are in your machine and they are watching you! Turn the computer off and burn it at once!

Wait wait! I'm sending you a coupon for $10.00 off a purchase at Best Buy! Print that then burn!!

Marcus

·
Banned
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dan,

I'm on this forum for stupid amounts of time each day. I probably clicked "New Posts" 500 - 600 times today. No lie.

I use Firefox and never get the pop ups.

They are watching you brother. They are in your machine and they are watching you! Turn the computer off and burn it at once!

Wait wait! I'm sending you a coupon for $10.00 off a purchase at Best Buy! Print that then burn!!

Marcus
This laptop will immolate in

:nuke:

·
Registered
573 Posts
Yeah, I am one of those low-life S.O.B.s that uses Firefox with AD-Block Plus, Better-privacy, and No-Script for internet browsing. Makes for a more enjoyable site visit. When I use a computer where I am *forced* to use IE or a smart device (tablet/phone) that does not have that capability, I am *always* surprised at the shear amount of really stupid, annoying flash ads there are. The number of ads is beginning to crowd out the content.

·
Banned
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I hope he wasn't burned too badly in the explosion. Godspeed Dan!

Bring me back some donuts!
Postin from the iPhone, FTW. :D

Those lithium batteries go up like roman candles, BTW.

EDIT:
The laptop flameout burned up your donuts. Sorry man.

·
Coonasian
1,835 Posts
Hansen, you are an honorable and truthful person!

I use Firefox with very little problem.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts