JKOwners Forum banner

421 - 440 of 443 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'e read this a couple times now but not seeing anything on headers/manifolds. Im about to swap in a Gen5 l83 into the JKU. The manifolds I have are truck manifolds. Would these work or do I need something else?

As for the pedal, which 3 options best fit the JK?

·
Registered
30 Posts
My L83 came out of a 2016 Silverado and I used the manifolds that came with motor and used the Motech exhaust kit.
Not sure what you mean by 3 options for the pedal. If you are talking about the throttle pedal the Motech kit includes the mounting adapter plate and pedal assembly.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thanks. I thought I had read the truck manifolds were the ones to go with but that was a good while back and couldn't find it again.

The pedals come in several different styles, 3 being fairly common in swaps across the board. I am not going with motech's kit outside of a few things I needed. Is your pedel straight down or does it have a right hand offset?

749 Posts
Thanks. I thought I had read the truck manifolds were the ones to go with but that was a good while back and couldn't find it again.

The pedals come in several different styles, 3 being fairly common in swaps across the board. I am not going with motech's kit outside of a few things I needed. Is your pedel straight down or does it have a right hand offset?
You should run the stock GEN5 truck pedal. it will bolt up the same way the GEN4 truck pedal did.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2007 jkur that I am going to do a ls swap in with a L77 and 6L80E out of a 2013 ppv caprice and wanted to know how long it takes to get the kit and how much it is with the transfer case adapter for a 241 and the radiator. I sold the Rubicon case and need to know what the years are of a case out of another jk that would work for this and if the manual transmission ones are different. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I have a 2007 jkur that I am going to do a ls swap in with a L77 and 6L80E out of a 2013 ppv caprice and wanted to know how long it takes to get the kit and how much it is with the transfer case adapter for a 241 and the radiator. I sold the Rubicon case and need to know what the years are of a case out of another jk that would work for this and if the manual transmission ones are different. Thanks for any help.

You should be aware that the L77 is a Gen 4-6.0-L engine , you are asking in a thread that is for the Gen-5 engine .

·
Registered
490 Posts
Has anyone done a Gen IV 5.3l swap without removing the body? How tough is it? I may have access to a garage with a post lift so it would be a challenge to remove the body.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
You'll be fine with the body on. I did a hemi swap (slightly bigger engine) in my little 2-car garage with no help.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
206 Posts
Does anyone have any ideas? My builder has gotten the battery light to extinguish when the Jeep side was flashed, but there is still a solid ESP (traction control) light illuminated on my Gen V swap. FYI I have a 2012 JKU Rubicon that now has an L86 and 10L80 transmission. The ESP light is solid on the dash and the cruise indicator will come on but won't set.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Definitely not his first time he’s done a bunch of LS swaps. He’s not getting anywhere with Motech, I’m just trying to help out. He hasn’t talked to Robbie yet that I know of, I think it was Abraham.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Sad truth is Motech is more hype than help. His builders kits are not much better than anyone elses. In his shop, they can diagnose and reprogram or repair anything. In the real world, he can't even keep his instructions current.
He fixed some issues I had at his shop in Las Vegas, fixed my harness after we cut into it trying to follow his advice. Problem was he never did figure out why I had no engine braking and why there was no torque reduction with brakes applied. I always suspected it was the trans tune. These are kind of important for a wheeling jeep. Or a street poser.
264 hp/300+ pounds of torque with 448 pounds on the corners (dyno'ed) is amazing in what started out as 120 hp. Just took so long to iron out the little problems and sensor issues. Otherwise, he really is a genius, just oversells his product.
I have never heard a bad thing about overland and John P Shoe.

421 - 440 of 443 Posts