JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it would be interesting to start a thread about the most useless and monumental money wasters insofar as aftermarket parts, accessories, add ons, etc. OK...I'll start.......

Rugged Ridge: side marker Euro guards...WTF...if you damage the side marker lights, there will be a lot more that's damaged.

Rugged Ridge: their JK trailer hitch...not even tow rated...what's the point???

Smittybilt: G.E.A.R. seat covers...I don't care how you slice it...if a seat cover doesn't cover every inch of your seats, then why bother even covering them at all. Other manufacturers are also guilty of this.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No words necessary...

I was going to post that, but way too obvious...I was waiting to see how long that one would pop up...glad to see someone's awake and drug free...:D

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Rugged Ridge: their JK trailer hitch...not even tow rated...what's the point???
it is.....

http://www.omix-ada.com/instructions/11580.10.pdf

I have it and it has worked great many times.

My review, SkyJacker Hydro shocks. All mine do now is squeak, off road, on road, flat pavement, w/e, and it is loud! I can push down on the jeep to shake it and all I hear is squeaking. Thought maybe some dirt was the problem even though I have the rubbed boot on correctly but I cleaned them anyways... yeah no change

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK...I'll give ya' a pass on that one...

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
OK...here's another one...the Bestop Trail Cover....as much as I wantd to like this product, and well made and functional it is, it DID NOT fit unless you took out your soft top with hardware all together...I wanted this to work...flaps on the side to rotect that half door, waterproof, color and material match of the soft top, but you ain't gonna be able to use it unless off comes the soft top completely...those with a hatdtop only, I say go for it....

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
OK...here's another one...the Bestop Trail Cover....as much as I wantd to like this product, and well made and functional it is, it DID NOT fit unless you took out your soft top with hardware all together...I wanted this to work...flaps on the side to rotect that half door, waterproof, color and material match of the soft top, but you ain't gonna be able to use it unless off comes the soft top completely...those with a hatdtop only, I say go for it....
I just got mine a couple of weeks ago and it works great. It stretches around the folded soft top on mine.

I may fold my top a little different then some though. I use the boot that came with it from the factory (I have the dual top package). Any way, instead of just the usual W shape, I fold the forward facing w's towards the middle and wrap the boot around it. The besop material folds around it nicely.

I'll post some pics later.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Please do...I need to see how you do it. Thanks...OK...for now, you get a pass.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks man...think I'll try an alternate approach....

A

·
0 Posts
Alec, you know you want it. Everyone knows you have H3 envy. :thefinger:
Haha, you’ve been reading the other forum ;)

Yeah it’s true, I couldn’t afford an H3 so I ended up with this crappy off road Jeep instead :grinpimp::grinpimp::grinpimp::laughing::laughing:

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here's one...Hillbilly or Redneck "stirrup"...you hook to your door sill, and you have easy access to your Jeep...for the short $hits in your life...I can see an accident in the making with that one.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
i have one of the GEAR seat cover things and have to admit that i kind of like it. when the doors are off, and top down, it gives you a bunch of places to store sh!t without it blowing out of the jeep. the wife bought it as a christmas gift, and at first i was reluctant, but, it has grown on me.

Not a true seatcover (like okole or glover) by any means, but, for securing stuff when on the highway or wheeling, it has served its purpose with me.

i will agree that it is utterly useless as a seatcover though. :shaking:

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Here's one...Hillbilly or Redneck "stirrup"...you hook to your door sill, and you have easy access to your Jeep...for the short $hits in your life...I can see an accident in the making with that one.
I've seen that one. Not sure I could negotiate it after a few vodka & tonics.

1 - 20 of 162 Posts