JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone else get pissed off abut how th egovt is stepping in to help people who cant pay their mortage??????
now if there is a stiuation where someone gets hurt and cant work or has a insurance problem thats a differnt story but those f'rs who think just because they get approved for a 500k mortage think they can afford it and CANT really pisses me off, now there was just a bill signed in that give a break to people facing foreclosure. what about me and the othe rpeople who work hard to pay their mortage??????
i can get approved for a 500k loan but i know i cant afford the payments so o dont get one. but maybe i should then i can get breaks from the govt when i cant afford it.

ahhh this pisses me off

·
Openly Hostile
6,981 Posts
It pisses me off too. Why the hell should I have to pay for their mistakes. I've been sitting here renting for years because I refused to take on a jumbo loan to get into a townhouse. Now that the market is correcting itself back to where it should have been all along the feds are gonna jump in and spend my money to help keep it screwed up. Gee thanks. :pissed:

·
Registered
32 Posts
X3. It is an insult to those of us who work hard, buy within our means and make payments even if it means giving up that jeep mod!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Get used to it. It's the modus operandi for the democrats and in all likelihood we will have a democrat for a president that will be happy to sign all of the spending that the democrat controlled congress will send. And guess who's going to pay for that?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Get used to it. It's the modus operandi for the democrats and in all likelihood we will have a democrat for a president that will be happy to sign all of the spending that the democrat controlled congress will send. And guess who's going to pay for that?
Always blaming the democrats. FWIW, I'm a moderate democrat and I also don't like this bill for the reasons stated above. But with the polls strongly in favor of some kind of bail out legislation, in an election year, the politicians (the bill has been supported by congressional leaders on both sides and easily passed in the house) got to show they're doing something about it.

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Feds don't give a darn about Joe 6 Pack. Any so called aid to home owners in default is part of a plan to prevent the banks from losing more money and the federal reserve having to pour money into the system to provide capital so Fannie and Freddie and whoever else don't go under. Thank the village idiot from Texas and that administration for this mess.

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Dont see what democrats or republicans have to do w/ it. Agree 100% that there shouldnt be a bail out for those that took on a sweet/ sub prime "get me in the door and i'll worry bout the fine print later" deal...but what administration allowed this to occur?..time and time again? Washington (on both sides) is as corrupt as ever, and it will never change...Doesnt matter whos sittin in the big chair. The lobbyists and special interests are running this country...(right into the ground). A politician is a politician....and hard working tax payers are left to pick up the pieces. Voting for president so-and-so has become a joke. Elections may work fairly on local and state levels, but beyond that...you had better be an energy giant or Saudi prince to have your voice heard. I am NOT a liberal, or a democrat, or a communist, and I do apologize for the rant...but being able to express my opinion is still a Constitutional right of mine, last time I checked. BTW...Thank your current administration for all of the trails and ORV parks that continue to get shut down, as well.:pissed:

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Dont see what democrats or republicans have to do w/ it. Agree 100% that there shouldnt be a bail out for those that took on a sweet/ sub prime "get me in the door and i'll worry bout the fine print later" deal...but what administration allowed this to occur?..time and time again? Washington (on both sides) is as corrupt as ever, and it will never change...Doesnt matter whos sittin in the big chair. The lobbyists and special interests are running this country...(right into the ground). A politician is a politician....and hard working tax payers are left to pick up the pieces. Voting for president so-and-so has become a joke. Elections may work fairly on local and state levels, but beyond that...you had better be an energy giant or Saudi prince to have your voice heard. I am NOT a liberal, or a democrat, or a communist, and I do apologize for the rant...but being able to express my opinion is still a Constitutional right of mine, last time I checked. BTW...Thank your current administration for all of the trails and ORV parks that continue to get shut down, as well.:pissed:
Point taken. Sensitive and emotional topic. To quote a former president. " I feel your pain. " ;):beer:

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Well put Stub. This "crisis" pisses me off to no end. My wife and I worked our asses off to be able to afford a place in southern California...only to see these people who tried to buy everything on credit now get a break because they weren't smart enough to know what they could and couldn't afford (fyi...we qualified for $125K over what we decided to buy because we studied the economy and didn't want to be slaves to our home).

However, I also see a little light on the horizon....hopefully....that maybe my home value will start to go back up when the housing market turns around. It's a catch 22. I (and yes, I am a pretty moderate liberal) want to say "**** 'em all" in regard to the masses....but I can't help but think the bail-out might help my property value in the long run.

I am truly conflicted....so I just sit and wait for the world to change.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
I see all this as payback...I didn't vote for this village idiot, and those who did are now getting their just rewards...for those who put this a$$hole in place for eight years, it's now time to pay the piper....doesn't affect me one bit...I don't like it, but I'm glad it's pissing off a whole lot of people...you get what you expect...:thefinger::thefinger::thefinger:

·
Registered
441 Posts
Always blaming the democrats. FWIW, I'm a moderate democrat and I also don't like this bill for the reasons stated above. But with the polls strongly in favor of some kind of bail out legislation, in an election year, the politicians (the bill has been supported by congressional leaders on both sides and easily passed in the house) got to show they're doing something about it.
I don't think you're welcome in your own party. Who sits at the committee chair? The wacko Howard Dean. Who is the head of their party? The same Nancy Pelosi that just attended a Daily KOS party. Daily KOS is the same organization with a large degree of extreme left idiots that were celebrating Tony Snow's death by cancer. Publicly on their site. With pride.

The White House was against this legislation until Congress put in provisions to ensure the big government backed mortgage companies stayed afloat. On one hand that pisses me off, but on the other we'd probably be dishing out more dough if they went under.

Just remember that Bush said he's going to sign the legislation, but he didn't create it. Not that I'm defending him. I just want to see all of Congress fired, but everyone would rather just blame the president.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I don't think you're welcome in your own party. Who sits at the committee chair? The wacko Howard Dean. Who is the head of their party? The same Nancy Pelosi that just attended a Daily KOS party. Daily KOS is the same organization with a large degree of extreme left idiots that were celebrating Tony Snow's death by cancer. Publicly on their site. With pride.

The White House was against this legislation until Congress put in provisions to ensure the big government backed mortgage companies stayed afloat. On one hand that pisses me off, but on the other we'd probably be dishing out more dough if they went under.

Just remember that Bush said he's going to sign the legislation, but he didn't create it. Not that I'm defending him. I just want to see all of Congress fired, but everyone would rather just blame the president.
Don't think either of us are going to convince each other to change parties but the far right has just as many "wackos" as the far left. And I don't blame the president for the current housing market fall or the mortgage "crisis". I blame him for plenty of other things by the way, but not this one. The housing market is cyclical and was in need of a correction. That's all this is - probably would have happened no matter who was in the white house imho.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Don't think either of us are going to convince each other to change parties but the far right has just as many "wackos" as the far left. And I don't blame the president for the current housing market fall or the mortgage "crisis". I blame him for plenty of other things by the way, but not this one. The housing market is cyclical and was in need of a correction. That's all this is - probably would have happened no matter who was in the white house imho.
Don't label me a Republican because I hold conservative beliefs. They're all a bunch of idiots and I want no part of either party. I vote according to who matches my values most closely -- or not at all if one isn't close enough.

That all said I do belief that the far left tips the scales with their loonyness.

·
Registered
147 Posts
They should not bail out those who overborrowed. That said there should also be some penalities for those who allowed it to happen as well (maybe in the form of refinancing at a lower rate and longer payback). It is not just the fault of those who borrowed money but also those who loaned it out knowing good and well these people could not afford it. I am sorry you are about to be evicted from your home, your credit is about to go to crap, and you will not be able to get another house but it is your problem and your fault I should not have to pay for your mistake. I own my home and paid for it by working hard and figuring out how to get it done in a way I could afford it. I got zero help from the federal government to get and keep mine and no one else should either. Now I am not talking if you get or are in a bind due to injury, illness, or even are handicapped as long as it is legit and you are not working the system. This package is bailing people out who had (for example) combined incomes of like $2000 a month and allowed to get into loans with $1500 a month payments. If you do the math that leaves $500 for bills and food which is not enough back then much less now with gas being $4.00 a gallon. Personally I blame both the borrower and the lender for this one.

·
Registered
420 Posts
They should not bail out those who overborrowed. That said there should also be some penalities for those who allowed it to happen as well (maybe in the form of refinancing at a lower rate and longer payback). It is not just the fault of those who borrowed money but also those who loaned it out knowing good and well these people could not afford it. I am sorry you are about to be evicted from your home, your credit is about to go to crap, and you will not be able to get another house but it is your problem and your fault I should not have to pay for your mistake. I own my home and paid for it by working hard and figuring out how to get it done in a way I could afford it. I got zero help from the federal government to get and keep mine and no one else should either. Now I am not talking if you get or are in a bind due to injury, illness, or even are handicapped as long as it is legit and you are not working the system. This package is bailing people out who had (for example) combined incomes of like $2000 a month and allowed to get into loans with $1500 a month payments. If you do the math that leaves $500 for bills and food which is not enough back then much less now with gas being $4.00 a gallon. Personally I blame both the borrower and the lender for this one.
Yeah - I agree with you, although everyone should know the buyer beware concept whether you're buying a toaster or a house. That applies to the house itself and the loan. When we purchased our house we actually read every word of the contract and asked questions. We kept the loan agent there into the evening and she wasn't too happy about it but we knew we were the ones incurring the liability. Yes there are bad loan agents out there and they should be dealt with. But there will always be bad loan agents. At some point people have to take personal responsibility for their actions. OK - I'm off the soapbox...

·
Registered
441 Posts
Anyone that has purchased a home knows how it goes. Everyone is in a hurry. And man do they get PO'd when you stop to ask too many questions and read through things. I don't care if it's my money on the line, but allot of people are intimidated by that. It happens from the real estate agent, to the closing attorneys, and the bank (not all of them, but any of them can; for example, I had a great agent when I bought and sold in Virginia Beach). They just want their peice of the pie and as quickly as possible.

I guess what I'm saying is that people get intimidated and then they make poor decisions based on what the so-called experts say. I have no doubt that a good percentage of the bad loans were caused by this situation.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Anybody seen the latest on this? The city of San Deigo is sueing the Bank of America and Countrywide over foreclosures. The city attorney is trying to stop all foreclosures on subprime mortgage lein holders that CAN'T PAY THEIR DAMN BILL

Read about it here.:pissed::pissed::pissed::pissed::pissed::pissed::pissed::pissed::pissed:

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
I'm of the opinion that if we're going to bail out these unscrupulous lenders, that we bail out the idiots that bought more then they can afford, with limits of course...use the formula of where you live, figure out average housing costs for that area, take into account ACTUAL income of the distressed homeowners, and figure out the actual amount that these homeowners can afford...if the house they are in is more house then they can ever afford, move them into existing stock that is more compatible with the homeowner's income...any loss incurred by such a move will be absorbed by the original lender...it's MY money that this bail out is going to be funded by, and I want more then just corporate interests benefitting from my taxes....that's all I've got to say about that.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts