JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
14ers
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK. Not really the big 4x4 subject, but I've been thinking...
Move the muffler to under the driver seat with the kit, cut out the chinzy tub in the back and weld in a box the same size as the floor about, what, 6 .. 8 inches deep with a lift lid in top. Basically the same thing in the Jeep, but bigger with a locking lid. Then cover it with the stupid carpet. I'm about to take the hard top off for the summer and want to lock up my stuff. (have I mentioned lately that I REALLY REALLY hate the fact I was broken into?)

Has anyone heard of this being done? I know some (Michael) have talked about using the same space to move/add a fuel cell.

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
theres a kit to make the tub bigger available from 4xfix.com

That with a tuffy security lid should do the trick.
Lots more storage covered with steel.
oh yeah, for the 4xfix site, you have to login with
username jeep
password forum

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
OK. Not really the big 4x4 subject, but I've been thinking...
Move the muffler to under the driver seat with the kit, cut out the chinzy tub in the back and weld in a box the same size as the floor about, what, 6 .. 8 inches deep with a lift lid in top. Basically the same thing in the Jeep, but bigger with a locking lid. Then cover it with the stupid carpet. I'm about to take the hard top off for the summer and want to lock up my stuff. (have I mentioned lately that I REALLY REALLY hate the fact I was broken into?)

Has anyone heard of this being done? I know some (Michael) have talked about using the same space to move/add a fuel cell.
4XFIX.com has this kit: works with the Tuffy security top. :mr-t:

·
Registered
6,381 Posts

·
Vendor
1,316 Posts
anybody have pics of this installed?
I sell the tub kit. I sell three kits that work well together. I have an Evap Can relocation kit, that allows the muffler to be relocated to a better place. I sell the Muffler Relocation kit. It uses the mandrel bent 304 stainless tail pipe that you see in the picture. You can read more on my website. You need the following username and password to logon to the site.

www.4xfix.com
username: jeep
password: forum

Here's pics:

The back of the tub tucks under the rear lip to maximize space:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts