JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sketched them, and had a local guy fab them up. I'm still going to skin the tops to provide a better step and keep the rocks off the hinges.:grinpimp:

·
Registered
323 Posts
Those look great. I have to ask $$$$$?

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those look great. I have to ask $$$$$?
$50 in materials, $125 in labor... Beats $475 for the Mopar enhanced rails. :grinpimp:

·
Registered
323 Posts
You bet it does good job.

·
Registered
783 Posts
where did you get the door sill guards?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Door sill guards

The door sill guards come from Mopar. Have a set myself, and they work great. Really save the door sills from scuffs and scratching.

·
Vendor
1,316 Posts
I really like this idea and I've been thinking about offering a DIY kit for this. I could provide the bent tubing and supports. The owner would only have to do the welding. Is there interest in this?

What would folks be willing to pay for this? I'm thinking two options:
1. $250 shipped with all supports welded in place?
2. $200 shipped for tubing and supports not welded in place?

Would folks prefer that it come out flat like the ones in this thread?, or angled up like some of the other sliders that I've seen? I think angled up makes a bit more sense.

BTW, I've not run any numbers on this, so I don't have any clue if it will make sense to offer this. Just asking for opinions at this time.

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
I would be interested in a pre-welded kit that angles up, and preferably with tubing instead of flat stock for the stand-offs.
Flat stock and flat guards would be great if you plan to skin them and use them as steps though.
I was thinking about this earlier today trying to think of a place to get the tubing bent, then thought 'wow, someone should offer the pieces to DIY' and poof, Woods comes to the rescue!

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would be interested in a pre-welded kit that angles up, and preferably with tubing instead of flat stock for the stand-offs.
Flat stock and flat guards would be great if you plan to skin them and use them as steps though.
I was thinking about this earlier today trying to think of a place to get the tubing bent, then thought 'wow, someone should offer the pieces to DIY' and poof, Woods comes to the rescue!
The stand offs are notched tubing, with some flat bar tabs to help attach and support the skins I intend on installing later.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What size tube did you use? How do they fasten to the frame?
1.5 X .120 DOM. They don't fasten to the frame. They are Stock Rubicon rails that I modified. They attach to the pinch seam and at three points under the tub.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
$50 in materials, $125 in labor... Beats $475 for the Mopar enhanced rails. :grinpimp:
Or even more for some of the after market stuff...which makes me wonder...how much do the after market rails really cost to make, and why such a huge mark up. Nice work.

·
Vendor
1,316 Posts
K, cool. Couple guys here and a couple PM's tell me that there's some interest.

I'll get working on it.:grinpimp:

·
Registered
411 Posts
good job, they look very nice! Did you have them powder coated?

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
good job, they look very nice! Did you have them powder coated?
No. I primed and rattle canned them. Already need a little touch up after last weekend...

·
Vendor
1,316 Posts
Anybody want to help me find the length of the 2-door rock rails?

:smokin:

·
Registered
411 Posts
i would if i had one :p

1 - 20 of 33 Posts