JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cant beat scrap steel 40 cents a pound :D Still learning how to weld but pretty stoked on how this turned out. If you have use of cheep steel go for it. Way easier then it looks and way cheaper then buying aftermarket. Good Luck

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Its welded using mig and it was 1/4 inch plate all around. It weighs in at about 40-50 lbs not bad. I am going to add 1 or 2 recovery points and also might box in the corners. It will add about 5-10 more pounds. Want to add lights but not to sure where to put them??

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,099 Posts
Looks good. Where do you put your spare and license plate though?

·
Comfortably Numb
12,289 Posts
Really nice simplistic looking design and the welds appear to be good. But the former Safety Instructor and Welding Inspector in me begs to ask If you are in a position to accept the liability that comes along with it. If you had your final work inspected by a reputable Inspection company it would go a long, long way into peace of mind. :th_pray:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I am going to mount the license plate in the middle of the tire carrier delete. My spare tire only come with me when I go out and wheel. Other then that I pay for AAA so why not use it. To answer the reply about getting it checked out, I appreciate the concern but I am confident and have used my equipment enough to put trust in what I build.

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,099 Posts
Really nice simplistic looking design and the welds appear to be good. But the former Safety Instructor and Welding Inspector in me begs to ask If you are in a position to accept the liability that comes along with it. If you had your final work inspected by a reputable Inspection company it would go a long, long way into peace of mind. :th_pray:
Grandpa back on the porch with ya. :cwm13:

·
Comfortably Numb
12,289 Posts
Grandpa back on the porch with ya. :cwm13:
Well, from 35 years experience I've learned just a couple of things when it comes to welding. I'm not still learning. But I'm not going to pursue this any further. I learned my lesson from commenting on that SEMA Jeep thread. What I see, I'll keep to myself. I'm gone. :thefinger::gluging:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Looks awesome, dude.. i like it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts