JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Found the site by poking around other sites and clicking things....I like clicking things and my spyware program'll prove it :D . Got me a '07 2DR X. Bare bones 'cept the locker/sway bar disco. Pavement princess so far :eek: , only swapped out the tires and wheels so far and then the finances dried up (well, getting the JK and the tires/wheels right away about pushed the little lady to the threshold of tolerance so I opted to back down, for now). So while it was a wasted wheeling season, I at least got to enjoy the summer with the top down as opposed to the little metal coffin that was the WK I thought would be a good idea to pick up the year before.

Anyways, I've had a CJ, coupla YJ's and two TJ's over the years so I'm not new to Jeeps...a glutton for punishment maybe :D . That's about it, haven't modded or wheeled it yet so I bring absolutely nothing to the table other than a +1 in the member column :D .

·
Broker by the Minute
3,825 Posts
Sweet! Welcome to the forum.

You know there are some guys here from your neck of the woods that can help you bust that cherry.

Heck even a two track with a couple of whoop-de-dos is better than still being wet behind the ears going into winter. ;)

Get that puppy into 4-lo before the snow flies!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh I know, I've been itching since I picked it up. Even w/o a lift I'll bounce it around a couple stock trails (just won't disco), but I definitely wanna get some rocker protection on it first. One of my biggest gripes (and I don't have many) about the new ones is the 'don't look at me or I just might crumple' sheet metal they've decided to cut costs with :confused:.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Oh I know, I've been itching since I picked it up. Even w/o a lift I'll bounce it around a couple stock trails (just won't disco), but I definitely wanna get some rocker protection on it first. One of my biggest gripes (and I don't have many) about the new ones is the 'don't look at me or I just might crumple' sheet metal they've decided to cut costs with :confused:.
Welcome Drack,...>>>Turning into a Pa Site:D,....I would still rather wake up tomorrow morning and be able to see Moab out my back window......it's tight in Pa. Private, Private, Private.......

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Same here....anywhere out west would be better than what we got here (especially with the whole Paragon situation). I grew up in the Pottsville area and there were tons of places just to go and tool around at. Nothing extreme, just a nice way to kill some time. Unfortunately those days are dead and gone now.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Same here....anywhere out west would be better than what we got here (especially with the whole Paragon situation). I grew up in the Pottsville area and there were tons of places just to go and tool around at. Nothing extreme, just a nice way to kill some time. Unfortunately those days are dead and gone now.
Hello 'drack
Another PA jeeper, things are going to start going downhill real fast if this keeps up.:D
I was talking to a guy at work today that told me about a spot somewhere around Shamoken? It's some old mining/refining facility where the owners of the land don't mind if you wheel on it, just don't touch the equipment they might leave out. It's mainly mud and water though, with some rocks spread around. Basically the only place left is Raush Creek. Haven't been there in a while, but with Paragon closed I'm sure business is booming.

·
Registered
265 Posts
One of my biggest gripes (and I don't have many) about the new ones is the 'don't look at me or I just might crumple' sheet metal they've decided to cut costs with :confused:.
No kidding... I took my doors off for the first time today and when I took the straps off the door just barely went forward and kissed the cowl area. At the time I didn't even bother to look for even a scuff because it really was that soft of a hit. I noticed a nice dent there a couple of hours later and now I have a beautiful new character mark on the Jeep that wasn't even done off road :mad:! Anyways... welcome to the forum. There are indeed a lot of active PA guys on the board so with any luck you can meet up with a few. Every member counts and I am sure you bring more experience to the table than many (including myself). Hope to see you around. :)

-Casey

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was talking to a guy at work today that told me about a spot somewhere around Shamoken?
I was up that way years ago. Obviously not gonna be a PAP or RC kinda thing, but it was a nice way to kill an afternoon. Last I heard (and my info's rather dated) is that they closed it up. Only been to RC once and that was back in early '04, but I'm guessing I'll be visiting it more frequently in the not so distant future :D .

No kidding... I took my doors off for the first time today and when I took the straps off the door just barely went forward and kissed the cowl area. At the time I didn't even bother to look for even a scuff because it really was that soft of a hit. I noticed a nice dent there a couple of hours later and now I have a beautiful new character mark on the Jeep that wasn't even done off road :mad:!

I haven't bothered pulling the doors yet (and prolly won't bother now 'til next year since we're winding down the warm weather here) but I was lucky enough to read about this happening before I do it myself. Don't know if you read about the instance(s) where the soft top channel bent when installing the duster covers. That's ridiculous...I've installed new ones on my old Jeeps and know they come outta the box tight, but c'mon, bending the tub?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts