JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New stuff coming down the pike from MOPAR...I particularly like the fog holes and front skid...

View attachment 924

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
It does look good. I wonder how much it weights. It looks pretty darn heavy. I think my Choices are betwen this and the AEV bumper and skidplate. But im trying to go lightweight. Which is almost impossible.:bawling:

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It does look good. I wonder how much it weights. It looks pretty darn heavy. I think my Choices are betwen this and the AEV bumper and skidplate. But im trying to go lightweight. Which is almost impossible.:bawling:

It's shown with the MOPAR skid which is only necessary if you have the e-disco...as for weight...I don't know...I know the original MOPAR bumper is very well made...for some reason, it appears that it may be made by Warn...

·
Registered
397 Posts
I like the top bumper. I have been to my local dealer to inquire about it, but they had no idea what I was talking about. No surprise there. Any idea when it is supposed to be out?

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
too bad they drilled License plate holes in it :shaking: Hopefully those won't be on the production peice
Minor issue, if at all...too many states require front tags...no chance of messing up a bumper by drilling if you need the front tag...;)

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Yeah i know i dont have the E-Disco but it looks good. Just in case i encounter some Jurassic retards on my way.:smokin:

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jurassic retards have disappeared...

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Nice that they intergrated the fogs...

Warn does not make the mopar bumper......

Its 3/16 lazer cut steel...A great value bumper

Jason

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice that they intergrated the fogs...

Warn does not make the mopar bumper......

Its 3/16 lazer cut steel...A great value bumper

Jason
Sure about that....saw the MOPAR original next to a Warn, and one could see there was a family relationship, right down to the laser cutouts of the brand name...someone makes them...wonder who the manufacturer is.

·
Registered
269 Posts
If you look at mopar.com and follow:
Home > 2009 Jeep Wrangler 4-Door > Exterior > Bumpers > Off-Road Bumper

It is part number: Off-Road Bumper Part Number: 82209740AD $569.00 No fog lights though.

The one with fog lights does not have a price or picture yet, but it does have a part number 82211715

I am really looking at this one. I have seen on a couple of JK here and I like what I have seen. I haven't been to the dealer to find out what is cost up here in Canada. Generally, quite a bit more. :pissed:

·
Registered
271 Posts
Anyone been able to get the top bumper yet? I inquired yesterday at the dealer and they just looked at me like I have 2 heads and gave me a P/N of 1FN67RXFAA w/fogs? And quoted a price of $330.00, I laughed at them because they don't have a frigging clue even after I explained that it almost looks like the AEV bumper, which they had a picture of. I'm going to try another dealer....

·
Registered
60 Posts
If Warn makes it, would the powerplant fit under the hoop?
Found the answer for my question. In case anyone else was interested, Mopar states that installation of the Warn powerplant requires cutting. Cutting what and how much they don't state.

·
Registered
199 Posts
If you closely compare the various photos of these bumpers, the fog lights are in the same place. What they did was move the point at which the ends of the bumper angle back further out towards the ends of the bumper. This allows the fog light to be in a flat part of the bumper. Compare just the angled ends of the bumper and notice the length of the angled part is shorter on the newer version.

It was probably much easier to put the light in the flat part of the bumper. However, I will be putting the light in the angled part since I already have the original bumper. I just haven't had time to work on my JK...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts