JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Last week my Mopar approved 4" lift was delivered to my house. Mopar 4" Suspension Lift Kit (77072353AC)

I also purchased the Fox ATS steering stabilizer with 24 damping settings and front upper and lower control arms from Super Lift.

I have a 2015 Jeep JK Unlimited with 35" Nitto TrailGraplers on 17's.

I wanted a lift that will hopefully deliver better than stock ride quality and still be able to go off road when ever the urge hits me!

You think this will be a good setup for me?

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
Should be fine/provide a nice ride. Good decision to avoid the cam bolts and with the adjustable arms should be able to dial it in nicely.

Post some pics/we like those

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
399 Posts
When did Mopar change the stance on lifts and allow a 4" with the Max Care? I've not been heavy on Jeep forums in the last 2 years, but this is all news to me.... I knew that a dealer installed Mopar supplied 2" lift was acceptable, but that's the only one I knew of and it had to be dealer installed as I understood it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,179 Posts
When did Mopar change the stance on lifts and allow a 4" with the Max Care? I've not been heavy on Jeep forums in the last 2 years, but this is all news to me.... I knew that a dealer installed Mopar supplied 2" lift was acceptable, but that's the only one I knew of and it had to be dealer installed as I understood it.

Do not take this word as authoritative or assuredly correct but why does my memory suggest there was a 2" Mopar , a 3" Mopar and finally a 4" Mopar lift offering when those were first announced back whenever it was. The 4" had 8 adjustable arms , 4" coils, even dual cardan driveshafts and other stuff that had to be dealer installed. Maybe I am imagining that...

·
Registered
399 Posts
Do not take this word as authoritative or assuredly correct but why does my memory suggest there was a 2" Mopar , a 3" Mopar and finally a 4" Mopar lift offering when those were first announced back whenever it was. The 4" had 8 adjustable arms , 4" coils, even dual cardan driveshafts and other stuff that had to be dealer installed. Maybe I am imagining that...
I agree there has always been up to a 4 inch lift from Mopar performance but it was specifically written in the warranty nomenclature that only a 2 inch lift installed by a technician at a dealership would be covered by the warranty or not void the warranty. Maybe that has changed I do not know?

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,099 Posts
I think you are correct, my buddy has I believe the 3 or 4 inch lift on his when he bought it new from the dealer. That was in late 2011.

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
The one posted above does not include arms (77072353AC) from what I found. Springs/shocks/front ds and a few other items but no arms...

Cam bolts included

·
Registered
63 Posts
the kit listed has
driveshaft, springs, control arms, remote res fox shocks and the drag link flip.
Its a really good out of the box kit.

any part from Mopar starting with a 77 has the Mopar warranty, not like the old P series performance parts.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Mopar offers a 2 inch & a 4 inch lift HOWEVER the 4 inch lift is not covered by the warranty..even if dealer installed. That’s according to Mopar MaxCare and the dealer. It’s also stated in your warranty packet thing that anything over 2 inches will void certain warranty coverages. Tom Winkle at MaxCare pointed all this out to me when I got my coverage. I checked high and low on this bc I wanted the 4 inch myself. You’re golden with the 2 inch lift, the 4 inch lift..not so much. My biggest gripe, why even offer it if you’re not going to back it?? I heard crickets when I asked that so..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
WTH add was I looking at/no mention of arms and why would OP purchase others (superlift) if they were.....

And Chrysler selling a mopar lift kit not warranty eligible is pure BS.

·
Registered
399 Posts
WTH add was I looking at/no mention of arms and why would OP purchase others (superlift) if they were.....

And Chrysler selling a mopar lift kit not warranty eligible is pure BS.

So far as I know it's been that way with anything over 2" since the beginning.

Reactions: 2qik2see

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As mentioned above the kit I ordered does come with rear upper and lower control arms but, no front upper and lower control arms. I wanted the whole kit to work smooth with no binding or issues in the future, which is why I didn't want to use the cam bolts.
I've heard the term "Mopar Approved" Lift kit so I figured if they install it, it would be covered under there warranty. Sounds like that may not be entirely true. I'm not worried, I don't beat the crap out of my jeep, so I should be ok! Fingers crossed!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts