JKOwners Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Gah damn you two wheel the piss out of your rigs. I am picturing full tilt wheeling on rocks at over 5k rpms. Jesus shit, I wish I had the money to have fun like that.

I probably wheel my Jeep harder than most and have more power than most. Even with the stock motor and the ultimate 60 axles I broke the case on the Eaton 2 pin locker in two. I’ve also ripped a rear vks truss off (my fault/crappy driving), chewed up the bearing races on the new rear locker (Eaton admitted they saw this when you have big power and/or stickies) and warrantied it. I also spun a front driver side tube (3 link off the passenger side beefed up mount).

The ultimate 60s are a great axle for throwing 40s on your Jeep and doing mild wheeling. Fan boys like the guy above think they are the end all be all axle but the rear is still “just a 60”. There are tons of axles out there that are better for a heavy jku that really wheels. (Dana 70, sterling, 14 bolt, Dana 80).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
At night, in the snow with a broken leg while bears were attacking :thefinger:
I wish it was that instead of the mosquito's that ate our asses up on the 15 mile hike back to the highway at midnight. Luckily I only had to hike 10 miles back with parts in from the staging area the next morning.

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
What the heck are you doing then?
Wishin' the PO had chosen a better rear axle.

I don't understand the logic of installin' a ProRock 60 that is semi-float … and fuckin' 5 lug to boot.

My rock-bashin' days ended when I finally sold what was left of my FJ40-based buggy. I'll always be a big fan of horsepower but I no longer have anything to prove to anybody. Comes with age.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Wishin' the PO had chosen a better rear axle.

I don't understand the logic of installin' a ProRock 60 that is semi-float … and fuckin' 5 lug to boot.

My rock-bashin' days ended when I finally sold what was left of my FJ40-based buggy. I'll always be a big fan of horsepower but I no longer have anything to prove to anybody. Comes with age.
Yea full-float is what I would recommend

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
I probably wheel my Jeep harder than most and have more power than most. Even with the stock motor and the ultimate 60 axles I broke the case on the Eaton 2 pin locker in two. I’ve also ripped a rear vks truss off (my fault/crappy driving), chewed up the bearing races on the new rear locker (Eaton admitted they saw this when you have big power and/or stickies) and warrantied it. I also spun a front driver side tube (3 link off the passenger side beefed up mount).
Did you replace the 2 pin with the new 4 pin design?

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.