JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I ordered two joints for the rock krawler tie rod, Moog ES3624. This is what came in the boxes. The one with out the grease hole came with a grease fitting? It also came with a cotter pin and castle nut, but with no hole to put the pin in? The greasable joints part that goes in the knuckle seems really short. WTH?, which one is right.

·
Registered
367 Posts
The one on the left is definetly not a moog part. Moog stamps their parts and the boot should say moog. I would say that the one on the left was a rebox from a differnt manufacturer which happens more than you would think. I would call the parts store and have them order you 2 new ones and swap those out.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
The one on the right looks correct, does it match up to the stock one?

·
Registered
402 Posts
You can also just ask for an inner tierod for a 03-08 Dodge 2500hd if they cant go by part number at whatever store you go to. I would stay away from any second line chassis parts as well. I know our second line chassis is questionable at times in my store. Its Moog part numbers but not there better stuff. The problem solver stuff is good but there "blank" parts are not so hot. The first line Napa Chassis stuff is usually pretty heavy and they use good balls in the joints. Alot of this stuff is going sealed due to the fact no one greases anything anymore, kinda blows.

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Yes the one on the right is the Moog. I have an all Moog front end and they are holding up great.

Edit: I had a spare ES3624 in the garage and just checked the box. Its the correct part number on the box but its a crapy end like the one on the left above. WTF? Its a lot less beefy, no cotterpin hole and no zert. I hope this is a mistake and not the new version of this. The odd thing is that it doesn't say Moog anywhere on it. The 4 on my rig all have it in the forged part as well as the boot. This looks like the crapy OE part to me.

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Where can you purchase these from?

Manny
Off of Amazon for a bout 23 bucks!

On a stock front end you can only use this type on the pitman arm. But for guys with the Rock Krawler draglink and tierod can use it at all 4 locations. I'll let a Polly runner chim in on if they will work with that system.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts