JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm looking to go with my son on a lil adventure for his b day. We live in phx and we will b heading out to four corners wed night. Thinking of camping there for the night and then head up to moab. What I was wondering if anybody knows of some scenic roads or back roads to take to get there. We looking to camp and go off roading as much as we can. We will b going the first week in November so could anyone tell me how the weather is in that area at that time. I have a jk with 2.5" lift and 35". Thank you guys any help is very appreciated.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
I think you can still drive the loop in monument valley on the res, but the campground is closed and there is a hotel on top of it. I talked to the hotel last summer and the new tribal camground was still not open. There is rv style car camping at Goulding's along with film era B&B right across from the hotel in the center of monument valley too. That might be the best bet as theres the tribal and gringo diners. Dispresed camping on the res is a no no without permission. A little further north is dirt rt through "Little monument valley" across from window rock. Pretty sure there is open blm land or fsr there for "dispersed" camping and along the verde(?) river at mexican hat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts