JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There has been a lot of rain the past few days here and I noticed moisture inside the housings of my Delta replacement headlights. Has anyone else had this happen to them? I assume they are supposed to be sealed units. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
They are not sealed they use a replaceable H4 bulb, make sure the bulb fittings installed correctly. Many lamps also have a breather hole, so it could just be condensation.

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
i should really do more research befor spending money lol i just put mine in last night grrrrrrr

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are not sealed they use a replaceable H4 bulb, make sure the bulb fittings installed correctly. Many lamps also have a breather hole, so it could just be condensation.
I know they are not sealed but having a replaceable bulb is no excuse for a leaking assembly. Moisture inside the housings can lead to faster bulb failure and corrosion of the reflector.

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
I know they are not sealed but having a replaceable bulb is no excuse for a leaking assembly. Moisture inside the housings can lead to faster bulb failure and corrosion of the reflector.
I agree. Sometimes I have seen a little condensation, which I'd be okay with, but if it's got water in, then something is not right.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree. Sometimes I have seen a little condensation, which I'd be okay with, but if it's got water in, then something is not right.
Unfortunately, that's where I am at now. Two days later and there is a little pool of water at the bottom of my lenses. This is extrememly frustrating considering these are supposed to be an "upgrade" over the OEM lamps.:shaking:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Unfortunately, that's where I am at now. Two days later and there is a little pool of water at the bottom of my lenses. This is extrememly frustrating considering these are supposed to be an "upgrade" over the OEM lamps.:shaking:
yes i also have the same problem with mine. i can see the moisture and dirt on the bottom of the light, i am also worried about long term damage to the reflector. i recently got the quad bar. i also have the delta sky bar and it has been on for aprx 5 mo and it has started to rust so i contacted them and got a fantastic response from them, so i will wait until i get the new sky bar back then i will hit them with the quad bar issue

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes i also have the same problem with mine. i can see the moisture and dirt on the bottom of the light, i am also worried about long term damage to the reflector. i recently got the quad bar. i also have the delta sky bar and it has been on for aprx 5 mo and it has started to rust so i contacted them and got a fantastic response from them, so i will wait until i get the new sky bar back then i will hit them with the quad bar issue
I'll give them a call next week and see what they say about my headlights. Good luck with the sky bar. It's a really cool product but a little too expensive for me at the moment.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'll give them a call next week and see what they say about my headlights. Good luck with the sky bar. It's a really cool product but a little too expensive for me at the moment.
did you talk to anyone about the moisture in the lights?

·
Registered
155 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
did they ever get back to you

1 - 14 of 14 Posts