JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a buddy had a 2003 tj tank, skid and fuel pump laying around so I decided to sink it in the back of my jeep since its a trail only now. I had already cut the rear trunk out so it only took a little more cutting........ :D so here are some pics of what I have now. I plan to clean everything up resheet metal everything that was cut so it will looks factory. I also plan to make some kind of cover to go over the tank. Really I did this so I could 4 link her here soon. This isn't for the faint of heart be any means. Here are some pics

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Cool idea. :beer:

What about rear impact protection? Do you think that the rear crossmember gives the tank enough protection in the event somebody hits you? Just curious if you planned on adding anything back there.

AMP

·
Registered
553 Posts
So a buddy had a 2003 tj tank, skid and fuel pump laying around so I decided to sink it in the back of my jeep since its a trail only now.
Cool idea. :beer:

What about rear impact protection? Do you think that the rear crossmember gives the tank enough protection in the event somebody hits you? Just curious if you planned on adding anything back there.

AMP
I don't think he's worried about that...

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't think he's worried about that...
Correct it won't be driven on the street much. I'm also gonna wire in a safety fuel shut off switch so I think ill be ok.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
What about those Alabama Jumping Trees, that tend to jump out at Jk's when they are on the trails? :thefinger:

No worries. Just making sure your JK doesn't end up like a Pinto......... :D

AMP

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm really not worried my bumper is made out of 1/4 2x4 steel and Anthony ill run them trees over. It's got a metal skid plate under the tank that surrounds it so I'm good. Like I said not a daily driver.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts