JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a big fan of the JK wheels, especially on modded ones. It seems it's rare to see them with stock wheels these days. Let's see yours! :th_pray:

·
Registered
50 Posts
@Goodysgotacuda & Merlin4979

I have a '12 JKU Rubi w/6 speed and am planning on stepping up to 35s on stock wheels w/out a lift. I have some questions, maybe u can help answer -

1) What size/brand spacers r u using?
2) Have u run into any issues w/axles, vibrations, sensors, ecu etc.?
3) How many miles have u run w/this setup?
4) What r ure impressions on the KM2s, since I am debating between KM2s and MTR/Ks?

Cheers,
G

·
Breaker of nice things
2,477 Posts
I'm using 1.5" Spidertrax Spacers

Nope. Not a single one. Just make sure that everything is torqued properly and you should be fine.

Just passed 25,00 miles with mine.

4) What r ure impressions on the KM2s, since I am debating between KM2s and MTR/Ks?
I have the Toyo MT's, which are a fantastic all around tire.

·
Registered
50 Posts
@merlin4979 -

Thanx for the response. Loox like I'll add Toyo to my list of tires to research. R u using any programmer or did u do anything to get the speedo to read things correctly after the tire change?

·
Registered
13,214 Posts
@Goodysgotacuda & Merlin4979

I have a '12 JKU Rubi w/6 speed and am planning on stepping up to 35s on stock wheels w/out a lift. I have some questions, maybe u can help answer -

I have the old non-hub centric rough country spacers. 40k on them.

None

40k on the tires with spacers. Stock 4.10s with a 6speed.

Mtrks hardly exist. Km2s have been great but just short.

Cheers,
G

Sent via paper airplane

·
Breaker of nice things
2,477 Posts
@merlin4979 -

Thanx for the response. Loox like I'll add Toyo to my list of tires to research. R u using any programmer or did u do anything to get the speedo to read things correctly after the tire change?
Goodysgotacuda and I are both running the Superchips Flashpaq. I think he's on the Tow Tune, and I'm running the 91 Tune. They help out with setting the tire size, you can set the gear ratio (if you ever change it), and it helps give a little oomph in the ol' gas pedal. (Nothing Earth shattering, mind you, but it does help.)

I also picked up a Sprint Booster. That helps a lot with the pedal lag and with acceleration.

·
Registered
13,214 Posts
Goodysgotacuda and I are both running the Superchips Flashpaq. I think he's on the Tow Tune, and I'm running the 91 Tune. They help out with setting the tire size, you can set the gear ratio (if you ever change it), and it helps give a little oomph in the ol' gas pedal. (Nothing Earth shattering, mind you, but it does help.)

I also picked up a Sprint Booster. That helps a lot with the pedal lag and with acceleration.
Yep. Tow tune here, couldn't justify the 91 for the cost of 93 fuel. I run the tow tune on 87.

Sent via paper airplane

·
Registered
658 Posts

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.