JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new JK owner (unlimited Sahara) and want to start doing some mods. What is the best shop in the Seattle area?

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Most of the JK group (in the Seattle and East of Lake WA area) that I wheel with do their own wrenching. We have a group of mechanics and welders; all very capable. What are you looking to get done on your rig??

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'd second doing most of the work yourself.

I personally have not found any shops around that I'd really trust todo the work over myself. Most of the stuff is pretty easy. Takes time but is very very do-able yourself

·
Registered
30 Posts
I third doing the doing the work your self... I am fixing to tear down the engine on my Victory Kingpin to add some more cubes, and some cams. Ought to get out of hole a "little" faster after that work.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mod shops

Thanks for the information. initially I was looking to put on a lift (still considering which kind/brand) and a new exhaust and cold air intake. I have never done anything like this so wasn't sure where to start.

·
Registered
30 Posts
It's easy, just start twisting wrenches until your done... It's actually a lot of fun, follow the direction, do your home work, get a decent set of tools and good torque wrench, a case of beer, and take your time. Before you know it, it will be done and you will be hungry for more.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
upgrades.

OK, so lets start with an interesting one. I am considering 35" tires so i expect i need to adjust my gear ratio (currently 3.7..) to 5.13 and install a lift. Any suggestions on what would be the best lift? I spend most of my time on highway with offroading about 2x per month. Also is a gear change something I should be able to accomplish or is that better done at a shop?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Gears are better off left to the professionals. Money well spent. Randy's Ring and Pinion in Everett is a good choice for this. With 35" tires a good 2.5 or 3" lift is all you need. I prefer Teraflex products and suggest going with springs rather and budget boost. Get ahold of Carl at Teraflex (JKO Vendor) and he will take care of you.

Where are you located?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks. I live in Snoqualmie, work in Seattle. What about 4Wheel Parts, are they reliable? Same question about Northridge4X4.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
If you need a shop to work with, 4 Wheel Parts in Lynnwood has been good to us; ask for Ryan (assist manager) or Michael (manager). Mention that the area JK group recommended them to you. Also, Olympic 4x4 in Snohomish; I have not personally worked with them but others in the group have. I have heard good things.

Fred

·
Registered
345 Posts
some mod shop have welders? to install lift kit?

around seattle wa ?

thanks
If you are from Canada DON"T get a lift installed in the States. Reason being. your vehicle is now modified thus Canada won't let it in the country once modded. You can mod it up here and go down there in it, no hassle.

If you do get it lifted and declare it at the border be prepared to pay to have lift removed again.

I spoke with the border about this when i had my gears done at Northridge

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you are from Canada DON"T get a lift installed in the States. Reason being. your vehicle is now modified thus Canada won't let it in the country once modded. You can mod it up here and go down there in it, no hassle.

If you do get it lifted and declare it at the border be prepared to pay to have lift removed again.

Thanks so much.

·
Registered
54 Posts

Holy F! That's nuckin' futs!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts