JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really, WTF is this stuff? I bought it thinking it would be a good quality, tough, hard-wearing grease.

Instead a few days later I find it leaking a thick red oil-like fluid all over the place, basically separating and breaking down.

Then I open my tool box drawer where I keep the grease gun. The entire bottom of the drawer and everything in it, including the grease gun is also covered in this thick red oil shit. All while sitting in the dark in my cool garage. WTF? Ummm....grease doesn't do this.

This stuff sucks. Don't be tempted/fooled, it's garbage. PSA for the day. :beer:

·
Registered
10,289 Posts
Really, WTF is this stuff? I bought it thinking it would be a good quality, tough, hard-wearing grease.

Instead a few days later I find it leaking a thick red oil-like fluid all over the place, basically separating and breaking down.

Then I open my tool box drawer where I keep the grease gun. The entire bottom of the drawer and everything in it, including the grease gun is also covered in this thick red oil shit. All while sitting in the dark in my cool garage. WTF? Ummm....grease doesn't do this.

This stuff sucks. Don't be tempted/fooled, it's garbage. PSA for the day. :beer:
one of my drawers in my toolbox is in the same state from the same grease.

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
I've had that issue before, cheapie walmart marine grease is what I've been using. It'll also hold up through water..

·
Research, bro!
2,219 Posts
Yea, I keep my grease gun with it on a hook over my workbench. The red starts dripping out the bottom of the gun and trigger connection about every three days of wiping it dry. I leave a rag directly under it since I'm not faithful on checking. :shaking: Switching brands when I run out.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me, luckily I put the gun back in its box, and the box stayed in the plastic bag I brought it home from the store in. The gun was covered the box was ruined but at least the bag kept it out of my tool box and work bench.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
I have it and I'm not overly impressed with it either. I think I'm going back to good ol' tried and true black moly grease.

·
Registered
79 Posts

Same thing happened when I used the Red stuff a while back. I changed to the Green Grease and I have been happy with it so far. A little pricey though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts