JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some trails that you guys would recommend for a nooby/ intermediate wheeler, in Moab. I have done some reading over the past 2 3 days and it looks like ill be sticking to 2-3 maybe a 4 rated trails as i will be loaded down in a stock sahara JKU. I will also be by myself so thats why i want to be on the easy side not the harder side just in case. I only have time for one trail as i'm just driving through but i just can't go right through without one detour. looking at tower arch, 3-D, chicken corners, and simular ones. Need advice fast as its this coming week i will be going so no time to order that book or i would. Thanks

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Well I know this is not what you want to hear but wheeling by yourself especially in an unfamiliar place is not the best of ideas. Try posting in the regional area to see if a local guy will be willing to join you on the trail.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes i know that its not the smartest idea, i completely forgot about doing that tho. thanks for the idea. but just in case i will still go by myself on one of the easier trails just for some nice scenery, not really a wheeling trip i heard its amazing there.

·
Administrator
8,749 Posts
You should be pretty safe on Hell's Revenge..

You could also go down to Canyonland's and do Elephant Hill.. Very scenic in Canyonlands.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Hells and Fins and Things are beside each other and both pretty much in town. Elephant Hill should be seen but not by yourself, its out there.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys i was actually looking into hells because it is usually populated i hear most of the time. and there are bypassses all over the place. and i'm kinda hoping to see some of the more capable rigs do some of the most technical stuff that is harder. i always enjoy watching what jeeps can do with a little mods. helps me decide what i want to do from stock as well. cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts