JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. I am going to Moab for the EJS and want to know what trails everyone likes. I am taking my JK so I will stay at a 6 or less rated trail.
So far I am liking hell's revenge and a couple other. Just looking for opinion ions. Thanks

·
Registered
82 Posts
Moab trails

Fins-n-things is a must. If you have lockers there's not a whole lot that a JK could not do there. I have an 08 Rubicon with a 4" lift and 35's and it has done anything I have wanted it to. Not sure how different gearing is between the two. All I can say is this is my first jeep and I was completely blown away by how capable they are.
Your rig should have no problem on alot of the trails.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have 4.10 gears but I only have a LS in the rear. Nothing in the front end.

I thought about installing a Detroit Trutrac in the front before I go but I don't wheel my JK so it wouldn't benifit me in the future.

Other than a 2.5" lift and 35" tires it is stock. Although it does have aftermarket bumpers.

·
Premium Member
2,507 Posts
For a couple hundy less you could go with an aussie locker up front.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
For a couple hundy less you could go with an aussie locker up front.
Or go with a Richmond Lock-rite, front and rear for under $300 each. That's what I'm thinking about putting in. Aussie's website says they are out of stock for the D-30 lockers, and they don't even list one for the JK's D-44.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have had lock rites and I really don't care for them. I actually have one in the dana 44 in the front of my XJ now. I don't like all the snapping and popping. I had a trutrac and it really worked well

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got the Moab paper yeaterday. I have just about decided to put the XJ on a tow dolly and pull it out there. I hate to drive 1700 miles out there and not take the trails that I want to take.
on my list
Cliff Hanger
Golden Spike
Hell's Revenge
Moab Rim

·
Registered
215 Posts
The most fun I've ever had on trails was doing the Poison Spider - Golden Spike - Gold Bar Rim series. It makes for a long day, but they are phenomenal trails. Enough challenge to keep your attention, but not enough to cause you real stress. End the day with a 3.2 beer (or three) at Moab Brewery, and I guarantee you it will be a trail day you'll always remember!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Last time I was at Moab I had 4"lift, sway bar disco, 3.73 gearing, 33" BFG ATs, LSD in the rear and I have a 4 door. I did, Fins N Things, Hells Revenge, Metal Masher, White Rim trail. I didn't have any problem on any of those trails.

Have fun!

·
Registered
110 Posts
The most fun I've ever had on trails was doing the Poison Spider - Golden Spike - Gold Bar Rim series. It makes for a long day, but they are phenomenal trails. Enough challenge to keep your attention, but not enough to cause you real stress. End the day with a 3.2 beer (or three) at Moab Brewery, and I guarantee you it will be a trail day you'll always remember!
This trial sequence is a must if you have not already.

Additional trails that I would recommend:
Hell's Revenge
Steel Bender
Strike Ravin (you can enter the back side of BFE from this trail)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts