JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alan (CO Hummer) and I went to Moab for the holiday weekend with our JKs. We ran Strike Ravine, Hell's Revenge, some of Rusty Nail and Pritchett Canyon.

Strike Ravine was funny because it ends in BFE and there was some Hippy concert weekend thing going on. We had to spot each other between all the stupid hippy tents to find a way out to 191.

We tried Rusty Nail and wimped out at the first obstacle (I think it’s called Riff Raff). In retrospect having run Pritchett the next day it was probably easy and we should have gone for it.

After bailing Rusty Nail we ran Hell Revenge to see what it was like in a Jeep vs. out old H2s. What used to take all day too about an hour :)

Pritchett is insane, just insane! I thought I knew how to wheel but now I have a whole new respect for trail ratings. We made it through with no real damage and didn’t winch or bypass anything (other than the rock pile), but several times I was ready to turn round. After Rocker Knocker I thought it was going to get easy, WRONG. I think I only kept going because I really didn’t want to drive back down that sucker.

Some pics in no particular order.

·
Registered
401 Posts
:smokin: Looks like ya had fun out there, Alec.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Something funny from this weekend was CO Hummer’s sway bar disco. A Rubicon is a waste for him since he forgot to disco it on Pritchett. Kinda explains why he got so tippy at times :laughing::laughing::laughing:

·
Openly Hostile
6,982 Posts
awesome pics, I can't wait to go back to moab. I don't think I'll be running Pritchett anytime soon tho. :shaking:

·
Banned
3,226 Posts
Awesome pics Alec! Wish I could have made it. looks like your rails got a little workout, how did the new half tank skids do?

·
Vendor
2,531 Posts
Looks like you guys had fun, I am glad to see you got everything back in working order. Did you have any mechanical issues on any of the Jeeps? Glad to see you guys had fun! We need to go grab a beer and hear the stories!

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cracks me up that his Jeeps surviovs Moab yet blows transercases going to the mall, :laughing::thefinger::beer:
My Jeep is not mall rated I guess. I pounded on the darn thing on Pritchett and it’s fine, but the bloody thing won’t let me drive it on the highway. Go figure :shaking::laughing::laughing:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Great pics Alec!! Thanks for the doing that. I'll post some of mine up soon.

Nothing broke on the trail or the highway - an excellent trip. I do have a leaky axle seal which, I think, was caused by the guys who did my re-gearing.

·
Registered
173 Posts
how did the new half tank skids do?
Funny enough - Now we have the new skids on, we hardly hit them this trip.

I did have a few scratches and some minor bending along one of the edges of it. But they are solid, not gonna allow any tank damage.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Alec's pretty much nailed the trip and I didn't post a lot of pics, but here are a few more. I have more pics of Alec than my own Jeep!

Here's Alec and family. Yes, at first you think it's just a picture of my awesome Jeep. But look on the mountain where those three are running around chasing their new puppy up the hill. :D

Strike Ravine:

Here's why it's nice to have a Jeep. :bounce:

PRITCHETT:

Chewy Hill:

·
Registered
173 Posts
MORE

Rocker Knocker:

perspective of Rocker Knocker:

Best wheeling dog, ever.

How NOT to do rocker knocker.

End of Pritchett trail (top of Yellow Hill)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts