JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone been to moab mid to late july? been there late june, hot but how much hotter then, would like to camp...might be to hot. also anyone know of good condo/villa type rentals out there somewhere peaceful as second opton

·
Registered
647 Posts
Living close to Moab,i usually spend the spring there every weekend ending memorial or there abouts. Then start again in the fall when it cools down. We had 105+ degree days last memorial day. In July i would expect the same. But you never know.

As for condos we stayed here last year.http://www.moabutahlodging.com/pages/cotton.htm Its a few blocks from main street but they are super nice. One of the nicest places i have ever rented and split up it was cheaper for the week then 2 nights in a hotel.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I went last July by myself after attempts of recruiting some fellow JKOs from here. It's not that bad. I wouldn't recommend bringing little kids though. I spent 3 days wheeling there with the doors off, got a little burned.

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
anyone been to moab mid to late july? been there late june, hot but how much hotter then, would like to camp...might be to hot. also anyone know of good condo/villa type rentals out there somewhere peaceful as second opton
I'd assume just as hot in July as it is in August when we were there 2yrs ago.

Hotter than hades during the day, not too bad at night.

We rented from Moab Dreams while we were out there. It was a fully appointed townhouse with all the ammenties of being at home. Full kitchen, a grill, a washer/dryer, garage and access to a pool a pool less than a block away. Pricing was reasonabe and the place was pretty nice.

If you decide to check that place out, the woman's name was Marta. Very nice and easy to deal with through the whole process. :beer:

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'll be there in late june into july. I've been in the area a lot for work, its hot, but if you can get a higher elevation camp ground it will be cooler and possibly have some trees.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts