JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed RC 1.25" body lift on my new 2010 4dr Rubicon (manuf date of 12/2009) - the factory body mounts above the rear axle are missing! The plates/tabs are there on both body and frame but they were never installed from the factory. So I have 5 mounts per side instead of 6 per side. Is this a new cost saving measure or did I get a Friday Jeep?

·
Registered
494 Posts
I would think that if the mounts are on the body and the donuts are missing that they messed up. If they discontinued them, they would have left the mounts off the body and frame. Take it back to the dealer for repair the next time you need an oil change and have them do it free just for the annoyance factor.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Are you trying to tell me that a Chrysler product, assembled by America's finest union labor, went out to market missing parts? ;)

Take it to the dealer and get it fixed.

·
Registered
229 Posts
You know whats way more fun...take it to the dealer with a compliant (like squeek in the area) that would require them to look right at the missing mounts. I guarentee they don't notice it!!! After they are done looking at it and tell you nothing's wrong point out to them the missing mounts. Then laugh and call them idiots, cause they suck!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've got 2 2010 JKs that I just put body lifts on too, neither has that mount above the axle, just the cutouts like you have. The rear mount is a larger bolt than in the earlier JKs and I guess they decided that was enough, or cheaper.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Just installed RC 1.25" body lift on my new 2010 4dr Rubicon (manuf date of 12/2009) - the factory body mounts above the rear axle are missing! The plates/tabs are there on both body and frame but they were never installed from the factory. So I have 5 mounts per side instead of 6 per side. Is this a new cost saving measure or did I get a Friday Jeep?
It was deemed unecessary on the 4drs at that location by Chrysler Eng. I can't remember but seems the 07 models had them and they changed in 08 to present but it's been awhile. Have installed two BLs on friends rigs that had the same finding as you did, it's normal on the 4dr.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts