1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
That's cool... nice photo!

·
Premium Member
3,720 Posts
From another site; "The attraction and campground is now private property and no longer accessible by 4x4'ers."

The videos on Youtube are awesome !
That just sucks the big one.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
From another site; "The attraction and campground is now private property and no longer accessible by 4x4'ers."

The videos on Youtube are awesome !
I'm not sure where that information came from. It I'm not mistaken, Lions Back is on public land, part of the Sand Flats Recreation Area next to Moab.

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
That was on my wheeling bucket list. I was bummed when it closed. I'll bet the pucker factor is pretty high when you're out on that thing!

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
I went with Alec a "few" times to Moab. Every time we got to LB, I couldn't get myself to drive up it. I rock climb, so heights is not an issue. But I still could not do it!

Just before it closed, my wife and I were in Moab on a Mtn Bike trip. We went to "just check it out." We watched a stock TRD Tacoma run up and down. When the guy got back, he said" so you're gonna do it now that a stock Tacoma did it right?" Well, now have to damn it. LOL.

very nervous, but we did it. not hard at all.

on top before turning around up there. 5 point turn was needed.

I've got a few more, but have to find them. I have about 100 pics of the drive up, turning around, and coming back down. I'm sure Alec has a ton of pics too.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'd probably be too much a bitch to drive up and down that honestly.
I was like Tim and chickened out more than once :(. One time I actually paid the $8 or whatever is was and bailed before even getting a tire on it. The first time I actually did it I was between two trucks and peer pressure got the better of me.

Actually it's hard to wheel in Colorado or Moab unless you can get over wheeling narrow trails with death drops. Really it's no harder than parking between the lines in the lot, just a mind game. Sometimes I'm right on the edge of being scared shitless still though :th_pray: One of the worst for me is Moab rim. I always seem to get stuck in a traffic line before the fist obstetrical and it's narrow, high and off camber as you stare at the Colorado river 100s of feet below. Willing the guys in front to get a darn move on :lol:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.