JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2011 jku 3.8 35's no lift.
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started the jeep this morning to let it warm up 25°f outside. After about 15min wentoutside to leave and it was missing every few seconds.

Ran codes to find p0406 egr sensor circuit high. While driving acceleration from low rpm caused a misfire. Seemed to be better if I ran the rpm higher before shifting and held a lower gear while driving(6spd manual) to keep the rpms up.

Bought and installed new duralast egr, cleared codes and went for a test drive. After 3 minutes of spirited driving it misses and backfires throughout rpm range, more backfires at higher rpms cel flashed once but hasnt stayed consistently on yet, and shows a cylinder 5 misfire p0305.

Pulled plug wire since it's next to the egr figured I poped it off although i dont recall hitting it. Wire was definitely on and I broke the wire pulling it, plug seemed to have a hairline Crack on the top porcelain but no black soot like you would typically see around the Crack indicating it was actually arcing inside the boot.

Plugs and wires have 30k miles on them ngk plugs, house brand wires. Going to warranty the plug and buy new wire but I'm not hopeful it will change the current status.

Any advise would be appreciated.

· Registered
1 Posts
Started the jeep this morning to let it warm up 25°f outside. After about 15min wentoutside to leave and it was missing every few seconds.

Ran codes to find p0406 egr sensor circuit high. While driving acceleration from low rpm caused a misfire. Seemed to be better if I ran the rpm higher before shifting and held a lower gear while driving(6spd manual) to keep the rpms up.

Bought and installed new duralast egr, cleared codes and went for a test drive. After 3 minutes of spirited driving it misses and backfires throughout rpm range, more backfires at higher rpms cel flashed once but hasnt stayed consistently on yet, and shows a cylinder 5 misfire p0305.

Pulled plug wire since it's next to the egr figured I poped it off although i dont recall hitting it. Wire was definitely on and I broke the wire pulling it, plug seemed to have a hairline Crack on the top porcelain but no black soot like you would typically see around the Crack indicating it was actually arcing inside the boot.

Plugs and wires have 30k miles on them ngk plugs, house brand wires. Going to warranty the plug and buy new wire but I'm not hopeful it will change the current status.

Any advise would be appreciated.
If I recall just changing plugs cleared my P0305.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts