JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I've got the front picked out, it's under 30 pounds. Now, on to the rear...taking off the Rock Hard pig. What's needed...

Minimalist/lightweight
NO tire carrier (spare will be inside)
Recovery points

Any ideas here? I know people will say the BFH, but I really don't want to cut my frame rails just yet. The RK frame cover is cool too, but no recovery points...it may work with factory-style receiver and 'tampon' for recovery, and that would be fine. Just want to keep it basic and light.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alasha - It's down to two choices, one is simply the most fundamental no-frills unit I've ever seen and the other is a beautifully designed and rendered unit that my be a bit overkill for what I need. I'll confirm which one wins when I pull the trigger!

merlin - I've thought about the GenRight one. I love their stuff, and good guys to boot. The weight is right! If there is a simple steel unit, I'll probably end up going with that, but the GenRight is definitely on the list. The cost isn't outrageous either.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Im in the same boat as you. This is what Im thinking about. Not sure why I have not ordered yet but they quoted me $150 + shipping.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I think I've got the front picked out, it's under 30 pounds. Now, on to the rear...taking off the Rock Hard pig. What's needed...

Minimalist/lightweight
NO tire carrier (spare will be inside)
Recovery points

Any ideas here? I know people will say the BFH, but I really don't want to cut my frame rails just yet. The RK frame cover is cool too, but no recovery points...it may work with factory-style receiver and 'tampon' for recovery, and that would be fine. Just want to keep it basic and light.
You have to be talking about this:

http://jeepswag.com/bumper/index.html

·
Breaker of nice things
2,477 Posts

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
I ditched the bumper and tire carrier and I have gotten used to it. Some day Ill make a bumper but im to lazy. Those Evo Mounts could be made fairly easy I use the factory hitch as a recovery point. there are a few guys that just cleaned up the frame a bit and it looks really nice and functional.

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
It is and I would run it if it had some provisions for a recovery point.
All of our bumpers have been redesigned to add recovery points. We really did not want to get into the bumper business, but we are getting so many requests it is crazy. We are friends with alot of people that do armor and accessories so we try to stay away from that market place in general.

RK

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Do you have any pictures of your rear bumper with recovery points? Pricing would be good if you have that too. I would much rather run more Rock Krawler stuff.

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
Thats like a hospital patient walking in a gown walking around with their ass hanging out. Needs something back there since the rest of the rig is decked out :grinpimp:

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
I know you said you weren't looking into the BHF due to cutting the frame ...but it's really not that bad. It's was actually quite therapeutic when I did the front BFH!

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
I know you said you weren't looking into the BHF due to cutting the frame ...but it's really not that bad. It's was actually quite therapeutic when I did the front BFH!
indeed :mr-t:

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
"Therapeutic release of repressed hatred for the beast, which you have for so long and without reasonable cause pretended to love unconditionally, manifested in the incision and partial dismemberment of the structure of said beast."

You know....I think I could learn to enjoy it myself! :smokin:

·
Registered
232 Posts
1 - 20 of 39 Posts