JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,290 Posts
At the risk of sounding like an idiot, what do these blackout lights do?
No idea of the benefit. I would guess that he is making his JK look as "military" as possible, so these would add to the nostalgic appearance. JMO

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
At the risk of sounding like an idiot, what do these blackout lights do?
They allow for a small amount of forward light in a directed pattern. This allows you to run at night with limited lighting, but enough to see where you are going, without overtly signaling your position to the enemy.

·
Registered
irate4x4 dot com
1,795 Posts
there's 2 styles/methods of running blackout lights. Older vehicles ran lights that, as Phil stated, only allow a minute amount of directed light just in front of the vehicle. A convoy of trucks with glaring lights are easy to pick out.

These days, blackout kits are filters that only allow infrared out and you only can see with NVG just as if it was normal headlights.

G

·
So unless you want to hide on a trail they are fairly useless for trail riding ;)

Of course, even with huge off roads lights Phil got a bunch of us totally lost on Fins and Things in Moab a couple of years ago :laughing:

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So unless you want to hide on a trail they are fairly useless for trail riding ;)

Of course, even with huge off roads lights Phil got a bunch of us totally lost on Fins and Things in Moab a couple of years ago :laughing:
Yeah they are completely useless I just want the look since I will be painting the jeep OD green, goin for the military look

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.