JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Maxxis Bighorns here,
they have 30K on them rotated ever 3-5K and are a little over half worn.

You should get at least 30-40K out of almost any radial mud tire IMO, the key is rotating.
The problem is, the more miles you put on them the less effective they are in the mud they are meant for, so most replace early to keep the performance where the want it. Also the mount of offroad miles plays a factor, rocks and tires don't really mix well.
Ill probably put another 10K on mine and then toss them on craigslist and up it to 37's.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
40K on Procomp Xtreme M/T .. little less then half the tread left. This with 5 tire rotation done every 5k.

·
Registered
764 Posts
16000 on 35" bfg km2's, looks about 90 tread left, would certainly think I can get 50000 easily out of them

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanx guys i was thinking about the KM2's also. i heard some guy on here got like 60k+ out his KM2's. pro comps are good but i'm a little nerves about there side walls when out on the trail, i don't have any experience with them i've only heard stories. i know there great for street but like WARN says "Go Prepared"

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
25K+ on my mud grapplers and they're still at probably 70%
5 way rotation when I think about it and have time (so not as often as I should)

·
Registered
643 Posts
Mickey Thompson MTZ's (35 x 12.5) at ~23k and 40% tread remains, minor cuts in the lugs but no big chunks missing. I'll get about 35k out of them in my unlimited. Not a long life but damn they perform well. I'm torn on whether to buy another set. At that price point I can pick pretty much anything I want. I might run a set of Super Swamper SSR's next. Haven't really made up my mind.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts