JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my JK to Cleghorn yesterday and LOVE how great the new 2.5-in TF BB works!

But I felt a very slight wobble on the steering wheel at highway speeds whenever the pavement gets bad or I drive over the lane markers.

Is this normal?

--BTW, I also have OE Rubi wheels and tires on 1.5 in Spidertrax spacers.

·
Registered
516 Posts
........rear......not front......tf 30 dollar bracket, drill one hole, 15 mintues....no shake.

·
RIP Brad
3,762 Posts
........rear......not front......tf 30 dollar bracket, drill one hole, 15 mintues....no shake.
IIRC, the TF BB does include a rear track bar bracket.

Aldo, Make sure you don't have any mud in the wheels and then make sure everything is tight.... maybe go over the bolts with a torque wrench.

Also.... did you have the Heep aligned after the BB install?

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
IIRC, the TF BB does include a rear track bar bracket.

Aldo, Make sure you don't have any mud in the wheels and then make sure everything is tight.... maybe go over the bolts with a torque wrench.

Also.... did you have the Heep aligned after the BB install?
There is no wobble when the road is smooth, only when it gets bumpy. I am thinking it just may be an "amplification" of the bumps that I can now feel through the steering --given the extended suspension...?

Per the alignment: the Heep tracks straight on the freeway --unless the road is slanted to one side. The shop said there was nothing to align --besides re-centering the steering wheel. Maybe I should take it to another place to double check on the alignment...

Also,

·
Registered
539 Posts
I know that with the lift you will not have as much castor anymore. This can cause the wheels to not have as strong of a sensation to track as straight as stock, which would be amplified on a bumpy road. Also chack to make sure all the bolts are tight. If it is a loose bolt you want to catch it before it can wallow a hole.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Sounds like something may be loose Aldo. Also, too many shops make the mistake of torquing the bolts down while the Jeep is on the lift, rather than torquing them with the Jeep on the ground.

There is not much that can go wrong with the TF BB, as it is a very mild lift that comes with everything you need.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Aldo-
did you pull the retaining clips on your stock lugs before putting the spacers in? I had some wobble and then did that and it nearly went away.

I have almost the exact setup and after trying lots of things still have a slight steering wheel wobble at 45-50mph (only in that range)... I have tried everythigng except re-balance.. which might be it...its not bad though..just slighly annoying on 45mph roads...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts