JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm SERIOUSLY considering the Mickey Thompson 36x15.50 Baja MTZ for my JK. I'm curious if I'd run into rubbing issues with an AEV 3.5" lift with a full bumper. My wheel spec is 20x10 with a 4.5" backspacing. Anyone with knowledge on this?

Thanks guys

·
The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,651 Posts
You will run into some rubbing issues with those. You could run a 1.5" wheel spacer and be able to turn your wheel most of the way.

37x12.50s rubbed the front LCAs with 4.5" back spacing on my last Jeep. 15.50 is going to knock your turning radius down a lot.

It can be done - just need to mess with it a little to make it right. :)

Marcus

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, not into mud bogging. I bought my 2012 as my daily driver and will probably see a light trail only once (just for photos) I strictly want the Micky Ts just for the great look. I love the wide aggressive stance.

I found the JK in the photo below with the same wheels and Tire size but with 4" lift where as mine is 3.5" I see this truck is running a stubby, I guess for me to make it work I will need to do the same..but then again maybe not since I won't be crawling?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Ya, that looks like a mall crawler. If that is the look you are going for then have at it, it will be a tight fit though. That tire width is not popular at all and it may be hard to find someone using that size. I would think with 4.5" bs wheels you might need 1.5"-2" wheel spacers. Aired down on trails will be hard on the steering as well.
Good luck with the build.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts