JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Broker by the Minute
3,825 Posts
Hey thanks! :D

I know that I am censored over there. My posts need to be edited and approved before they are visible. And 9 times out of 10 the admin elects to not bother even posting it. I figure there must be others that are not allowed to speak freely. It is apparent that most fear posting about products because it may upset the admin or sponsoring vendor so people don't say names. Because the latest and greatest product on the market also happens to belong to the highest paying sponsor is pure coincidence. Since sponsoring vendors are selected and not all who want to sponsor are allowed to be one then the full story will never be available over there. Those are the reasons behind my avatar.

Read about my ultimate banning and finally the complete deletion from the JK-Forum.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Hey thanks! :D

I know that I am censored over there. My posts need to be edited and approved before they are visible. And 9 times out of 10 the admin elects to not bother even posting it. I figure there must be others that are not allowed to speak freely. It is apparent that most fear posting about products because it may upset the admin or sponsoring vendor so people don't say names. Because the latest and greatest product on the market also happens to belong to the highest paying sponsor is pure coincidence. Since sponsoring vendors are selected and not all who want to sponsor are allowed to be one then the full story will never be available over there. Those are the reasons behind my avatar.
Hi all,..........went through the same that MichaelW did....
Tried to show some Mod's with other than JK-FORUM Sponsors and was censored and all pictures were deleted.
Last one was a really nice Stubby Bumper in Fab stage by "Skidrow Offroad" with a T-Max 10,000 and all was deleted. I don't even work for Skidrow Offroad, just used my JK for their Fab/Design stage. There are other threads that cover other than Sponsor products & don't get deleted. What childs play, kid's run that Forum, and when the Sponsors cry load enough bang your dead.

·
Broker by the Minute
3,825 Posts
Sorry you had to go through that as well. I'm sure there are more and will be more.

Nice looking JK!

Don't worry you won't get censored here. ;)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi all,..........went through the same that MichaelW did....
Tried to show some Mod's with other than JK-FORUM Sponsors and was censored and all pictures were deleted.
Last one was a really nice Stubby Bumper in Fab stage by "Skidrow Offroad" with a T-Max 10,000 and all was deleted. I don't even work for Skidrow Offroad, just used my JK for their Fab/Design stage. There are other threads that cover other than Sponsor products & don't get deleted. What childs play, kid's run that Forum, and when the Sponsors cry load enough bang your dead.

That a very nice looking rig!
And glad to see more JKOWNERS are seeing the light:D

·
Registered
749 Posts
Thx guy's for your comments, just spent 2 days at PA JEEP All Breeds at York, Pa.....WoW! Quadratech JK, Body Armor JK, and many more. Ran the course they set up & the Aussi Locker is great. Ready for Camp Jeep next,m can't wait,,,,,when my JK grows up it will, it'll want to do what MichaelW's does.. Great site and it will get better & better.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So, I GOT BAND FROM JK-FORUM AGAIN

A guy on there was looking for a axle for his Dana 30 and i told him give me a call i have a used Jk Dana 30

And that was it! ****ing gay!

·
Registered
irate4x4 dot com
1,795 Posts
and everyone laughed when I was perma-banned, including IP from there way back when.

All because I caught Eddie lying, argued about his "tactics", and then complained to a vendor...... plus there was always a bad vibe because I owned a H2

·
Registered
52 Posts
That cuase you guys are dicks !!! ...at least the Mikes

:D

Nick

·
Registered
2 Posts
GREAT NEWS

I WAS BANNED FOR LIFE FOR TALKING ABOUT SOR'S TUBE FENDERS

THIS WHAT I GET

You have been banned for the following reason:
UNDERCOVER PIMPING

Date the ban will be lifted: Never:eek:

·
Registered
749 Posts
Think they are a bit paranoid over there :D? I have been warned for talking about Nth Degree and SOR as well... I guess that makes me an undercover pimp too. Yay for forums without censorship!

-Casey
Ok, now I'm in the "Pimp Forum".:eek:, well, there's no do doubt they are Paranoid bunch of Kid's. This is the new "Outlaw" forum,:D say what you need to, show what pictures are necessary, & give your own opinion about the new product you just bolted on your JK. That is what helps all Jeepers make future decisions on a certain product(Mod).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Think they are a bit paranoid over there :D? I have been warned for talking about Nth Degree and SOR as well... I guess that makes me an undercover pimp too. Yay for forums without censorship!

-Casey
Well, I am a undercover pimp, I "do work" at SOR;)

I just think it is unfair that they keep their visitors in the dark about products. It seems that they like you to think that things are cool; if they say they are. You would think, for a comapny, it would be easy to fix the problem, all you'd need to do it sign up for a banner, and begin posting product. Unfortunately, that is NOT the case. Back when the site first started, we emailed them about advertising. They gave us a quote and we felt that is was pricy. At the time, the site only had approx 140 members. Once the member count came up, we emailed again about advertising and we were told that they were not currently accepting new advertisors. A little while passed and we notice that our PM feature had been removed, yet we had not used that feature, except to PM Eddie about advertisting. Izzy here at SOR signed up (his own name) and sent Eddie a PM regarding advertising. The response was Izzy being banned. Yet, he had never made 1 post. At that time Mike sent Eddie an email and asked 1. Why were weren't able to advsrtise when they were taking on new advertisors?, and 2. Why our PM's had been excluded? His response was, they are not taking advertisors from shops "like ours", and our PM's were excluded due to problems with businesses PMing visitors to pimp parts. More recently, Mike was banned from their site, along with Shaffer's Offroad - on the same day. We offered someone a Dana 30 axle, that he needed to get his daily driver back on the road. Unfortunately, he was not able to PM, so Mike posted his personal cell#...and was immediately banned for doing so, without warning.

It appears that it's becoming a dictatorship over there....

·
Broker by the Minute
3,825 Posts
That cuase you guys are dicks !!! ...at least the Mikes
Hey now, I resemble that remark! :D

So I have to ask:

If a Pimp is someone marketing goods and collecting a percentage of the profits.

So what does that make someone that is actually collecting the money for the marketing and keeping everyone else off of their "corner". -Oops- :D

·
Registered
irate4x4 dot com
1,795 Posts
It's a very unhealthy forum attitude.

Unhealthy for vendors, manufacturers and especially members.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I'll admit they do have a lot of (biased) information over there. What I hope happens is that eventually a lot of the members will see what is actually going on behind the scenes and come to a forum like this that is an actual open discussion forum. Not one that pimps products that he gets for free.

I think the last straw for me was when someone gave a link to a 4 wheel drive club, and they edited the link because it was a non-sponsor.... I mean, C'mon a 4WD club is not going to take away for the sponsored vendors and manufacturers...

·
Registered
irate4x4 dot com
1,795 Posts
My biggest issue is the flat out lying that Eddie seems so comfortable with doing. He was all over jkboard pushing his websites and posting links and then when he was called on it, would say he was there just to be a part of the "JK community." Yet when he gets his forum going, the attitude was apparent, no mutual consideration.

Tis one of the reasons I was banned and got so much flak. I saw right through his BS and would keep bringing it up. But lemmings will simply see free giveaways and think he is doing them a favor when it's the vendors and manufacturers that are giving something up.

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
i think every automotive forum i have been a member of has had an issue like this. its amusing to me that the same thing happens over and over. sucks that it happens in the first place though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've never had a problem over at JK-Forum but I do not like how the board is laid out. With how they have each forum named it gets confusing and the way the board is designed is not the greatest but I have never had a problem with anyone over there. At jeepforum though is another story. It says in the rules about no flaming anyone and if you do you will be banned yet I asked a few noobie questions and a lifetime supporting member took the opportunity to totally rip on me because of it. I never responded back to the person but did report it. Funny though that nothing ever happened to that guy so I guess if you pay to be a member over there, then you can do whatever you want.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts