JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our TJ has a Teraflex 5" long arm suspension and I am wondering if there are ways to soften the ride for daily use?

Sent from my C771 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wheel size?

Would going to 17" wheels with 35's make much difference on the ride with a TJ?

·
Breaker of nice things
2,477 Posts
Are the springs progressive rate? That helps with a DD. And what PSI are your tires set at for on-road? And which shocks do you have?

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Setup @

Are the springs progressive rate? That helps with a DD. And what PSI are your tires set at for on-road? And which shocks do you have?
Running Bilstien's ... tires @ 30psi... not sure of the springs... Lift was on it when I got it... Any way to tell? Teraflex 5" lift...

Thought about lowering the tire pressure a little...

·
Breaker of nice things
2,477 Posts
Running Bilstien's ... tires @ 30psi... not sure of the springs... Lift was on it when I got it... Any way to tell? Teraflex 5" lift...

Thought about lowering the tire pressure a little...
Sounds like the Teraflex kit uses linear springs - better on the trail, a little rougher on the street. Bilsteins should be digressive shocks though, which should help for an overall ride. For the tires, is the 30 psi what you got after doing a chalk test? Don't know for sure, but that *might* be high for a TJ, since it is so light.

So, first thing I'd try is to just check the pressure in the tires. Then, make sure that everything is torqued down properly, so they're all riding correctly. :beer:

Also, balancing the tires or an alignment might help too.

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Yeah, tire psi will soften things up a lot!

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Also, what load range is the tire? We went from stock rubicon 31 inch, load range E MTR's, that gave us a harsh ride to a 33/10.5 load range C Duratrack and the ride is amazing. Yes it is a larger volume of tire but I don't think that alone changed the ride so much.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts