JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was a guy on the last run at chimney rock that had metal front fender lining. I forgot to ask him where he got them..I could only find dine by metal cloak.

She's anyone know if that was what he was running ?

·
Registered
357 Posts
I can't say enough good things about Matson and MetalCloak. Highly recommend them.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Was it a silver JK four door?
I dont remeber Jim....could have been. I am guessing they were the metal cloak and he painted them black. I thought it was a one piece part but the metal cloaks are 2.

I didnt cut the OEM liners very well when I added the aftermarket fenders and I dont like the way they look.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I dont remeber Jim....could have been. I am guessing they were the metal cloak and he painted them black. I thought it was a one piece part but the metal cloaks are 2.

I didnt cut the OEM liners very well when I added the aftermarket fenders and I dont like the way they look.
I just put these on last week. The Metalcloak ones are actually 3 pieces. A front and rear inner fender, then a small section designed to fill in the space between the inner and outer sheet metal at the rear opening of the wheel well. You can get them from MC in bare aluminum or black powdercoat.

I have not had the chance to get them onto n the trails, but so far I like the quality, and looks. Way better than the cheap plastic, and they look to be out-of-the-way more. Plus they allow for some ventilation through into the side of the engine compartment.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just put these on last week. The Metalcloak ones are actually 3 pieces. A front and rear inner fender, then a small section designed to fill in the space between the inner and outer sheet metal at the rear opening of the wheel well. You can get them from MC in bare aluminum or black powdercoat.

I have not had the chance to get them onto n the trails, but so far I like the quality, and looks. Way better than the cheap plastic, and they look to be out-of-the-way more. Plus they allow for some ventilation through into the side of the engine compartment.
I saw them on a jeep in another forum, I didnt notice the 3rd part.I will probably get them and maybe rhino line them.

·
Registered
48 Posts

Do you know by any chance if they would work with Bushwacker Pocket Flares?

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts
I remember lincolnhawk had some custom fenderliners made for his jeep. He sold it not too long ago so I wonder if that is the one you saw.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Considering these are pretty much they only option available (aftermarket), the quality is up there. I have them on mine with PSC fenders and work well. On mine, the front is held in place with a bolt attached to the turn signal housing bracket and then two bolts that attach to the top of the body. The middle piece is only held in place with one bolt but it is sammiched and I've never had an issue with it coming loose or anything. The third piece didn't work with my PSC fenders but it is just a small piece to keep crap from going between the fender and body. I recommend these to everyone that asks about them.

·
22,098 Posts
It may have been because the ones on the Jeep i saw were one piece..they were nice.

The metal cloak ones look like ass bare...
If it was lincoln hawks old jeep then they were expensive as well.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Were Lincoln's the diamond plate ones? I remember them as one piece and fullcoverage...as well as nice and shiny

·
22,098 Posts
Thanks Rich...are those custom made? They look like Metal Cloaks, are they one or two piece?

Shawn
that is lincoln hawks jeep, I just texted him to find out who made them for him.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts