JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im looking a used JKRU and it has the Metal Cloak suspension on it. I haven't heard much about it. All the research I've done it seems to be a pretty solid lift kit. It is the 3.5 Game Changer suspension with adjustable links and solid 1 ton tie rods and drag link. My question is, is this a good lift? How does it compare to the AEV 3.5 kit?
Thanks in advance
WN

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
Not sure exactly what you are asking... If you are asking if Metalcloak is any good then, yes. They make some pretty solid stuff IMO so you should be good to go.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Yep, great lift and probably one of the best out there.

The 6-pack shocks might be overkill unless you plan to use their Overland fenders too and need crazy articulation.

·
Premium Member
3,720 Posts
Im looking a used JKRU and it has the Metal Cloak suspension on it. I haven't heard much about it. All the research I've done it seems to be a pretty solid lift kit. It is the 3.5 Game Changer suspension with adjustable links and solid 1 ton tie rods and drag link.
Thanks in advance
WN
Did you drive it? That will tell you a lot about it as well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry I should have been more clear. I am just wanting to know is it a good lift kit. Is it a reputable company?
How does it compare to the AEV kit?

·
Don't Tread on OHV
198 Posts
As a note to the OP, if you decide to pick up this rig, send me a PM with your details (name, etc) do I can add you to our database.

At Metalcloak we have FULLY TRANSFERABLE Lifetime Customer Service, so if you ever have a problem with this kit, we will be more then happy to help you out.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As a note to the OP, if you decide to pick up this rig, send me a PM with your details (name, etc) do I can add you to our database.

At Metalcloak we have FULLY TRANSFERABLE Lifetime Customer Service, so if you ever have a problem with this kit, we will be more then happy to help you out.
Now that is customer service!! Thanks I will let you know! Everything I have found has all been good. I'm looking forward to checking it out. Do you have pictures that you can post showing articulation.

·
Premium Member
3,720 Posts
Now that is customer service!! Thanks I will let you know! Everything I have found has all been good. I'm looking forward to checking it out. Do you have pictures that you can post showing articulation.

Go to MetalCloak's website, tons of flex pics. Or Google it, pictures all over the Internet of killer MC flex pics.

·
Premium Member
76 Posts

Shit. +1 for support right there.

·
The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,651 Posts

Honest question here - is that transferable Lifetime Customer Service or are you saying your warranty is transferable as well?

I would hope you would answer questions for anyone that called in regardless of who the original purchaser was, that's why I ask.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy the rig in question if everything else around it is solid OP. Metal Cloak is a respected manufacturer.

·
Don't Tread on OHV
198 Posts
Honest question here - is that transferable Lifetime Customer Service or are you saying your warranty is transferable as well?

I would hope you would answer questions for anyone that called in regardless of who the original purchaser was, that's why I ask.
LOL! As I have said before, Warranties are written to protect the company from the customer, hence the legalese.

We believe Customer Service supersedes any warranty. Period.

So, yes, anyone who has purchased a Metalcoak product, new or used is ALWAYS welcome to call us for questions, advice or service or just to BS about their next build.

·
The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,651 Posts
LOL! As I have said before, Warranties are written to protect the company from the customer, hence the legalese.

So, yes, anyone who has purchased a Metalcoak product, new or used is ALWAYS welcome to call us for questions, advice or service or just to BS about their next build.
I see what you did there. :beer: Makes sense when you put it that way.

I have no further questions your honor!

·
Registered
14 Posts
When you look at each suspension component one by one Metal Cloak beats AEV in every category IMO. AEV is nice, but its for the masses. Learn about JK suspension in detail and you will understand why MC is top notch. The test drive should reveal the quality of the suspension. Too bad you can't ride in a Rough Country or similar lifted JK before getting into the MC JK... It would be day and night difference and give you a better understanding of the superior quality of Metal Cloak

Haha I think I've made my opinion clear

·
Registered
1,556 Posts

That reminds me of Chris Farley in Tommy Boy. Please don't go shittin' in boxes.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Your research should tell you MC is one of the very best out there, priemere quality with researched design and good customer service. They are not well known in the Southeast as AEV and others seem to be. I read and searched alot and chose them above all others at a time I could have had any kit. Definately good to go IMO.

PS. All the seasoned shop owners around here applaude the handling and ride.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts